Ollive Franks

You know what's the best feeling?

When you've wanted to do something for a long time, and you finally get the courage to do such a thing...

Four hours earlier

"Mom," I whispered as I looked into her open-doored home office. "I'm hungry, can we go to Taco Bell?" I asked with volume.

My mom turned around. "No, go eat something though," she said while covering the bottom of the house phone.

I sighed, every time.

I decided to just pull at my long sleeves and go heat something up. When I walked down the stairs, I almost fell from lack of food. My body was shutting down, finally. It's been six days. I opened up the fridge and pulled out some container. I closed the fridge and noticed an skinny, orange bottle.

My mother's cardiovascular meds. Highly deadly for someone like me. I shook my head and heated the container and all. I got myself a glass of water. My mind kept racing back to the suicide attempt last summer.

Round two?

I turned around and looked at the horse pills. I popped the lid and swallowed many with little water. My mind was racing again, but different. Why did I do this to myself?

Then after what seemed like hours, the microwave beeped. I pulled out the steaming hot container. My body was rejecting them already. I was sneezing and my nose was running. I tried carrying the container to the table and realized how bad my hands were shaking.

An evil smirk formed on my face, this was the real deal. I had finally done it.

I felt myself collapse.

My heart stopped beating.

Everything around me, stopped.

Finally.