"Phil?" Dan asked quietly into the darkness. They were still a bit sweaty from earlier activities, and Phil was just about asleep, his head on Dan's chest.

  "Hm?" Phil replied sleepily, tracing the contours of Dan's stomach slowly and making him shiver from the soft touch.

  "I-I need to tell you something."

  "Wh'tis is it?"

  "Its about my birthday, sort of. You see I'm...I'm not really turning nineteen tomorrow." He said slowly, and paused when he felt Phil's fingers stop moving. There was a long silence, so long that Dan thought Phil wasn't going to say anything. Maybe he had fallen asleep.

  "What's that supposed to mean?" Phil said eventually, sitting up on his elbow and looking down at Dan questioningly. Dan looked back up at him, his heart racing a mile a minute, but he swallowed, and sat up too with his back to the headboard.

  "When I.....when we first met, you know, I was 'undercover' or whatever. I had to lie about my age so that I could blend in with all the other high school kids. Basically.....I'm not turning nineteen tomorrow, I'm turning twenty one. Three years older than you...." He trailed off slowly, looking down at his lap and twisting his fingers together anxiously.

  It was completely silent as Dan waited for Phil to say something, anything. It felt like years before he finally spoke.

  "Why didn't you tell me before?" He asked. When Dan looked over at him, he was staring straight ahead at the wall. His face was expressionless, blank, and Dan was a bit worried.

  "Honestly? I forgot-"

  "Forgot?" Phil shot back, looking at him with a weird mix of anger, sadness and guilt in his eyes. "Forgot to mention that you're three whole years older than me? I mean, we....oh god, we had sex when I was seventeen. That's-"

  "Don't say it." Dan interupted softly. "I didn't....I didn't do that."

  "I'm not angry at you, Dan" Phil said, and Dan looked at him, surprised.

  "What?"

  "I mean, I'm not particularly happy that you waited this long to tell me, but I'm not mad that you're older than me. I love you, I'm not gonna let something like that stop me."

  Dan smiled at him, and leaned over to kiss him. "I love you too." He said.

  "Now come on, sleep." Phil said, laying dow and pulling the covers over his head. "We're getting up at ten."

  Dan groaned, but did the same, wrapping his arm around Phil and pulling him closer. "Night."

  "Good night, Dan. Happy birthday."

                                          ***********************

  "I thought that we agreed, no presents." Dan said the next day, as Chris and PJ handed him a small, silver wrapped box.

  "Did we? I don't remember doing such a thing." PJ said, smiling innocently, and Dan scowled at him.

  "Yeah right...."

  "Where's Phil?" Chris asked, as they headed into the kitchen.

  "At the store."

  When Phil had gotten a cake for Dan, he'd had the baker write Happy 19th! on it, so he'd had to go back and change it.

  "Did you get your present from him, then?" PJ asked, winking. Dan smirked.

  "You bet I did."

  "I hope you're not talking about our sex lives to your friends, Dan." Phil said, as he entered the room, carrying a large box. "I leave the house for five minutes and you're already bragging."

  "I can't help it that you treat me so well, baby." Dan said as he wrapped his arms around Phil's waist, kissing his cheek which was turning red.

  "Shut up...."

  "Well, if you guys are done having mind sex, I say we start having some fun." PJ said.

  The rest of the day was pretty much perfect. The four of them talked, laughed, and and just caught up on what was happening. It was around nine when PJ said that he wanted to talk to Dan, alone. He and Chris shared a look before Dan led him out back, into the darkening yard. It was quite warm out and there were all kinds of bugs flying around.

  "What is it?" Dan asked him, as PJ remained silent for some time, just looking at the ground.

  "I need to tell you something. Well, the Highers wanted me to tell you something."

  "Why do they want to talk to me?"

  "You remember why you and Phil left, right?"

  "Of course. They said that Phil couldn't be a Reaper."

  "They...they want you back, Dan. They said....they said that they had made a mistake in letting you and Phil leave, and that they would gladly accept you guys, if you wanted."

The End...

                                                                    *****************************

a/n: and thats the end! I'm making a sequel of course, dont be mad. and i want to thank some people.

leahgrace_xo: for reeeeaally encouraging me, and for giving me the ending. Thanks girl!

KandiOcampo: for leaving awesome comments and pretty much being the best.

beyondphan: for reading my stories and making awesome ones herself.

LexyAustin: for threatining me to keep writing and making me smile.