Chapter 3. Cracks

Monday Night RAW

I was walking through the halls alone, head to toe in black SHIELD gear with my title hanging from my hand. I was sweaty, tired and frustrated, Paige getting the pin on me for the first time in a long time. I was unfocused and now it was affecting my job, which was the one thing I didn't want to happen. The boys were up next against Sheamus, Alberto and Ryback and I wanted to be out there with them but I hadn't seen Dean since he had walked out on me in the locker room yesterday. HE wasn't in the bus when I got back last night and was gone this morning, and I knew he was avoiding me. All I knew was that he couldn't avoid me at work, and as though he heard me thinking about him they all came around the corner, looking ready for a fight, hair slicked back and Dean's title around his waist.

"You'll get her next time champ." Roman called out, as I stopped, waiting for the to walk over.

"Yeah I know. She got the jump on me this time but never again." I frowned, feeling the pain in various spots in my body.

"How did she manage to get on you like that?" Seth questioned as I turned, walking with them.

"I don't know, my head wasn't focused." I admitted, my curls bouncing as I shook my head, "I'm just tryna get back into the swing of things."

"Maybe you should stay back tonight if you're not on your game." Dean commented, him and Seth walking in front of Roman and I.

"I'm not that unfocused Dean, I can still do my job." I frowned, hearing the clipped tone he was using, Roman and Seth not really fazed by it.

"Just saying." He shrugged, not once looking back, gaze focused ahead.

Him and Seth started a conversation after, leaving me and Roman out of it and I ignored the misery building in me, getting used it the feeling coming every time Dean spoke to me now. Roman touched my arm slightly, slowing me down and putting distance between us and Seth and Dean.

"What's up?" I asked, looking up at him.

"You and Dean okay?" he questioned, not beating around the bush.

"We're fine." I said quickly, seeing his eyebrow go up, "Roman we're fine. You know how we get after Christmas. It's just not our time of year."

"Okay, things just seem a little..." he trailed off, searching for the word.

"Tense?" I supplied, seeing a smirk flash across his lips.

"I was gonna say angry but tense works too." He laughed, and I laughed softly, wanting to not reveal any more than I had.

Heading to our entrance we stood around waiting as everyone else entered the ring. Fixing my hair I threw my title over my shoulder as we lined up in our normal order, Seth in front, Roman last and Dean and I in the middle. I could practically feel him vibrating behind me, and I could feel his eyes roaming over me. Ignoring him I stepped out onto the steps, hearing the roar of the crowd and letting the excitement wash away the mess inside my head. Walking down I could feel a genuine smile grow on my face, seeing everyone's excitement and reminding me that despite all the drama in my personal life this is what I lived for. Jumping over the barrier I made my way to the corner, standing on the outside of the ring. Usually at this point Dean would throw me his title and I watched him turn towards me for a second before nearly jerking his whole body away, throwing the title on the floor. It took everything in my not to let the mask fall off my face and wallow in misery, instead I walked up to the apron and watched as the match began. After only a few minutes I knew that we were in trouble, both in and out of the ring. The symmetry we all shared before, the connection we had in the ring was fraying, like a rope that had been cut. I could see the animosity between all three of them and like sharks in the water the other three wrestlers were sensing it and moving in. Dean was on the outside of the ring, laying against the barrier while Seth and Roman fought on the inside. Both of them were wearing down but Dean got the upperhand on De Rio, sending him sliding back into the ring. Stumbling around he made his way back to our corner and leaned against the post, breathing hard. He looked up and we made complete eye contact for the first time in days. I couldn't move so when Seth ran at Sheamus and sent him over the top rope I was still standing there.