1| The Girl Code

Mackenzie

-
-

I was going to Lauren's house, as I did every weekend, when my mom and maddie go to NewYork.

"I'm on my way" I called down the phone to Lauren, I was in the back seat of my moms black Mercedes C-class.
I had my bags on my lap.
"Ok ok!" She chimed through my iPhone X, I giggled slightly at her enthusiasm, I then hung up on her.

My mum pulled up at their house and I jumped out the car to be greeted by a squealing blonde.

She hugged me tightly.

"Wow, Laur, I cant breathe" I complained, she then realised and let go, "Sorry" she said apologetically.

I waved my mom goodbye as she pulled out of the Orlando's driveway.
Lauren grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.
We went straight to her bedroom, we set out the air mattress, ready for me to sleep on tonight.
I unzipped my gym bag; I had brought all my clothes and accessories I needed for the weekend and they where all compacted into an Adidas gym bag.
I got out my laptop, I plugged it into the wall and set up Netflix.
Lauren and I chose to re-watch riverdale for the 100th time.

We snuggled on her bed, we had tortilla chips and takeaway pizza.
"I can't believe jughead would even think about cheating on Betty, with that slag" Lauren stated, she complains quite a lot at the things she doesn't like, it was one of the many odd habits she had.
I nodded in agreement, she was right though, Betty didn't deserve it!

"I'm going to get some water" I said to Lauren as I clambered off her bed.
"Ok" she replied without even taking her eyes of the screen.
I keeps down stairs.

Johnny and his girlfriend, Nadia, where arguing in the door way, so I slid past them un-noticed.

I opened up the cupboard and reached for a glass.
I new where everything was in their house, I practically live here as I come every weekend.

I couldn't quite reach a glass as it was at the back of the cupboard.

Oddly everything seamed a bit quite, Johnny and Nadia had stopped arguing, I'm guessing Nadia went home and Johnny went off to bed.

"Boo" Johnny boomed as he grabbed me around my waist, I jumped out of my skin.

"Jesus Christ, Johnny" I complained.
"Why are you listening to Nadia and I argue" he asked.
"I'm not, I'm trying to get a glass out of the cupboard but I can't reach" I said as I tried to reach for it again.

"Well you should have just asked" He beamed, he lightly shoved me to the side and got the glass for me.

"Thank you" I said gratefully.
I took the glass out of his hand and walked towards the tap to fill it up

"You know, we should hang out more!" He whispered in my ear.

I was getting water out of the tap, he had his arms wrapped around my waist and I could feel his breath fanning down my neck, my breathing became a lot slower as I tried to calm my heart rate down, my heart was pounding out of my chest, I was actually conscious he could hear it.

The moment was broken by a Cough, my eyes shot towards the stairs.

Lauren was sat there.
"Johnny, hands off my best friend, you know the girl Code, don't you" she said as she walked into the kitchen.

Johnny released me from his hold.
"What the 'girl Code'" Johnny asked, he already knew but he wanted it clarified.

"Oh come on Johnny, just keep your dirty hands off my innocent best friend" Lauren demanded as she grabbed my arm and dragged me back to her room.

~H U N S L E Y~