Chapter 4 - Second Chances

Lexa didn't really try anymore. She didn't want to care but she did. Too much. I was falling for her and she resented. We barely spoke for long while. After hearing the sadness in her voice the night I eavesdropped I knew she cared for me. I guess her caring for me was like against her religion.
It was good one day. Lexa actually talked to me. I was subtle. I didn't shove the whole soulmate thing down her throat. I was being subtle. I deserve a pat on the back for that.

I was at the park, Raven wanted to test out her new machine thing she created, but she hasn't shown yet. Lexa was walking by. I looked down trying to avoid her, only because I'm giving her space. I continued to draw the scenery.
"I actually missed that," Lexa said, sorta scaring me.
"What?" I asked.
"You drawing anything you see"
"Oh yeah, I still do that,"
"I can see"
"Anyways, I should get going, Raven is gonna be here soon and I don't need you to fight with her because she'll call you a robot"
"Actually I wanted to talk to you"
"Oh, okay"
"So I've been thinking, and I want to give it a chance"
"Yeah? You sure?"
"Yeah I'm sure and sorry for being a bit rude"
"A bit? You slammed a door in my face"
Lexa laughed and left. It was just in time because Raven showed up with her machine. She's calling it a rover. Like what they put on Mars.
Raven spent a lot of time moving the rover around like she was a kid. Lexa never left the park, but before we left she came up to me.
"I hope your ready for the date," Lexa smirked.
"I hope your ready to fall in love with me," I laughed.
We walked our separate ways. Raven looked then put the pieces together. I laughed when she got excited only because she's had it out for Lexa for a long time.

That was only the beginning. I guess Bellamy did do a number on her for her to give me another chance. Honestly I don't blame her for always having her guard up all the time.

Lexa told me to wear a bathing suit under my clothes and bring a towel. I didn't understand why until she picked me up and took me to the beach. It was always her favorite time. She could stay in water forever.
"Did you seriously just splash water on me?" I asked.
"Nope, wasn't me. Pretty sure it was the wind," Lexa joked.
I splashed water on her and we ended up having a splashing war. Lexa and I both got out before the sunset. Lexa was being romantic and brought out the towels for us to lay on. Then she brought out a blanket so we won't get too cold. We watched the sunset then laid down on the towels with a blanket over us staring at the sky, pointing out constellations.
"I'm sorry, for everything I ever did to you," I stated.
"It's okay, it's my fault for caring for so long," Lexa said.
"I only wanted to fit in,"
"I know, and Bellamy helped me through it"
"Well, I only know that because one the girls I'm friends with is his sister,"
"Clarke, can we please not talk about this?"
"Sure"
Lexa propped up on her one arm facing me. She slowly leaned in and kissed me.

That date I think was the best. I don't know what to call that, but it worked. We all knew that Lexa and I were falling for each other but no one, not even us wanted to admit it.