There's another thing. Every time I ask for you guys to visit he's so against it! Honestly I'm beginning to feel like he will never let you see me again.

Please Willa find a way to get here. I miss you.

Ashia

Smudging my pen I jumped when I heard the door shut and I stood up quickly, clutching the papers to my chest.

Aron shrugged off his suit jacket and threw it on the bed before he loosened his tie. I stood before him nervously, very aware of the things I had revealed to Willa in the letter and to be honest, pretty sure he wouldn't appreciate me telling her.

"Court got out early today," he explained for his earliness home.
It was almost twelve in the morning, the sky was still black and I could make out shining stars through the balcony doors.

Lucky I didn't go through his office looking for a phone.

I looked anxiously down at my hands, biting my lip. What was I meant to say? Honey I'm so glad your home, want to hit the other cheek?

"Ashia," he murmured and I gasped looking up, his tone sorrowful and heavy, and the impact of it hitting me strongly. His aura was pulsating with regret and I was shocked that I could even pick up on the emotion. He came to stand before me, taking the papers out of my hand – thankfully not looking at them – and placing them back on the table. He grabbed my hands in his and brought them to his lips, kissing each knuckle.

A shiver ran through me and I tried to regain some thought control.

"I'm sorry my love, for how I treated you last night." He stroked my cheek, "There were other ways of getting my point across. Please forgive me, my beauty." He placed a soft kiss against my lips and I let out the breath I had been holding as I hesitantly kissed him back.

Gently cupping my cheek he deepened the kiss, his other hand circling around my body and pulling me up against his chest. I jumped as his hand glided down and cupper my ass, grinding my lower body into his.

My body was slowly heating up and I felt like I was on fire.

A beeping sound interrupted wherever else this would lead to and he let out a growl before digging into his pocket and bringing it up to his ear.

"What?" He snapped. I watched as his expression changed from annoyed to pissed off as he closed his eyes. "I'll be there in five minutes," he hung his phone up and shoved it back into his pocket.

He looked down at me and sighed, kissing my forehead, "I have a special dinner planned for us, and I need to go back to court. I'll be home later."

I nodded slowly and watched as he gathered his jacket and left the room.

Grabbing my letter I opened the desk drawer and pulled at an envelope, signing it off and putting it in my bag before getting my jumper off the bed.

Making my way downstairs and into the foyer I made sure no one was around before walking outside and into the light snow and down the driveway.

I pushed open the large iron gates with more force than I thought it would take before taking the regular route down to school.

I was amazed that I had never taken much notice of the surroundings and the huge walls and gates that blocked the houses as I got closer and closer to town.

All I wanted was that funny post box that we had used the first time I had written.

Finally finding it I slipped the letter inside and rubbed my upper arms feeling the chill. I noticed a lot of girls from school filling the streets so the walk must have taken longer than I thought.

Shrugging I made my way back, enjoying being alone for the first time in weeks, out of that stuffy castle and outside – even though it wasn't the sun,  just feeling like I wasn't being watched was a nice change.

I made my way back through town, ignoring the curios stares before I ended back up at the long road that would lead to the huge castle. I could see the sky turning a shade of light blue and I deliberated taking my time so I could see the sun rise...

Some cars rattled by on occasion but not a lot, and as I passed a few houses I noticed the shutters were down.

 Hope I could get in when I got home.

The sun was rising now and I let out an excited giggle, my eyes shining as the sky changed from colour to colour.

Reaching the gate I went through, closing it behind me and heading up toward the house through the uneven path.

All the shutters were down except the front door but a thick black curtain was draped across it.

Taking one last look at the sky I pushed open the door, only to be met with a flurry of loud voices.

They all stopped when I entered.

Suddenly I was grabbed by my upper arms and an angry looking Aron stood in front of me. "Where did you go? Gods Ashia I was worried sick!"

My eyes went wide as I looked around the room frantically, the crowds dispersing and leaving altogether, including Alrik and Josie. "I – I went for a walk and to post a letter to Willa."

"This letter couldn't have waited until you were on your way to school tomorrow morning? The sun was coming up Ashia; if you had been taken I wouldn't be able to come for you until nightfall!" He released me and ran a hand through his now messy blonde hair. "I have a lot of enemies Ashia, and they'd kill for a chance to hurt you. What you did was stupid and irresponsible."

I took a deep breath, "I posted a letter Aron, I didn't go running onto werewolf territory."

"You may as well have. The werewolves are angry after I killed their pack mate – that's why I went back to court today. I've received a number of threats over your life from the she-wolfs mate all centring on killing you."

I paled and slowly put down my bag.

He ran a hand down his face before slowly approaching me, "you can't just go out on your own Ashia. For your own protection. I am the leader of this Coven, which makes you valuable. You are also my bride and the key to my destruction. I would die a thousand deaths if I ever lost you," he whispered.

I felt tears threaten and I swallowed, "I'm sorry. I-I won't go out alone...I just needed to clear my head."
Sighing he scooped me up into his arms and held me, stroking my hair and muttering in his language.

"Come, I did promise a special dinner."

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/