Niall sick- for Reindeermilk

Magsimula sa umpisa

Next to me, Harry dropped onto his bum with a loud exhale, "I'm exhausted!"

I stared up at the grey sky as drop after drop landed on my forehead, slowly increasing in heaviness and frequency. The water started running down my neck under my clothes where it seeped into my bones and finally chilled me right to my core.

Harry laughed as a harsh shiver rattled through me from my head to my toes, "cold?"

"No," I huffed, narrowing my eyes at the raining sky. My hair was already becoming damp and wet. I had to keep moving if I wanted to keep this act up.

The grass instantly turned to mud as I ran after Louis and Liam up the other end of the field. Liam was still trying to gain possession but Louis hadn't noticed me so it was easy to pinch the ball out from underneath him. Wiping my dripping nose I began for mine and Liam's goal, the both of them hot on my heels.

"That's my ball Horan!" Louis laughed, sticking a foot out to try and steal the ball back. Unfortunately it was at the exact same time my nose tickled and my eyes shut as I sneezed into the air. The foot in my way wasn't known until I'd tripped over it and skidded across the grass a few metres before finally coming to a stop.

Louis cackled and swiped the ball back gleefully, turning back to his goal. Liam followed after, his clothes plastered to his figure. His shorts were glued half up his arse too but he didn't seem to notice.

I sat up with a grunt and quickly acknowledged the stinging pain in my leg. Harry crouched down beside me as I plucked a piece of grass from the cut running from my knee to the bottom of my shin, shuddering furiously as the cold continued to nip away at my every fibre. My fingers were frozen solid.

"Ouch," Harry said over the rain, pulling a face.

"Stings like a bitch," I rasped in agreement, my jaw clacking about.

"Must've been a stone in the ground," Harry determined, peering down at the muddy grass.

"Goal!" Louis shouted.

I met eyes with Liam on the other side of the field. Something about me on the ground shivering as if I was possessed made him run over and join Harry next to me, inspecting the bleeding slice on my shin.

"Shit, sorry Ni," Louis said as he approached, "didn't mean to hurt ya."

I shrugged as he scratched at the back of his neck, "y-you d-did-didn't kn-know."

"I told you to get a jersey," Liam huffed, shifting his wet hair off his face as the rain continued to pour. The word I'd use to describe it now was torrential. Keeping my eyes open was a mission because they were simply filling with rain water within moments.

I tried to tell him that I was fine, that I most definitely did not need a stupid jersey, but something in me clicked and all that came out was a fit of coughs that made my throat hurt even more. Harry fist thumped my back but it didn't help.

"Let's get him inside, we're gonna need to clean his leg up," Liam said, shielding his face with his hands.

"No," I exclaimed, "l-let's just k-k-keep playing!"

Even when I actively tried to suppress the shivering I couldn't stop it.

"It looks deep Ni, better off to take a look at it," Louis said, taking hold of one of my arms. One hand wrapped around my trembling hand while the other encased my elbow, "upsie daises. . ."

"F-fuck, hurts!" I groaned, coughing again. Liam went to grab onto my other side as if I needed crutches to walk. I would've rolled my eyes if I could open them, it didn't hurt that much.