I stomp off. Why does he have to make things so difficult for me? What's his fucking problem?

Geez. And men say women are difficult to understand.

As I near the building, I catch sight of Marilyn at the entrance. She waves at me and I sneak a look behind me. Phew. Ed finally got the message. I don't see that shiny expensive Aston Matin anywhere.

"You got laid last night, Chloe?" Marilyn asks smugly. She's wearing a tight mini dress today which goes against our company's dress code but she doesn't care (obviously).

"What? No!" I say nervously. How does she know? Shit. Did she install a pin hole camera in my room or something?

"I saw you leave the bar with some guy with sunglasses last night," Marilyn says excitedly. "So what happened? Give me the juicy details! Was it good?"

"Er....I think you're mistaken and saw the wrong person. You drank too many vodkas," I reply as we walk towards the lift.

"Really?" She frowns. "I thought I saw you..."

"What about you? I could have sworn you were making out with some familiar dude. Who's he?" I ask half-heartedly. Not that I want to hear her explicit details about her night with some guy. I just wanted to divert away from the topic.

"Oh, that." Marilyn blushes and I stare at her. Marilyn doesn't blush. She just...doesn't. Has she fallen in love with some guy from the bar? Just like that sexy couple from Grey's Anatomy? Please, no. She doesn't believe in love and marriage. It's not possible.

"You won't believe who I spent the night with," she gushes. Okay, so it's just sex.

"Is it someone I know?" I ask. Why can't the lift come faster?

"Yes!" Her eyes shines. "Guess! Guess!"

Ok, the age-old guessing game. I'd better entertain her before she kicks up a fuss. "Erm...the cute guy from the cafe opposite?" I venture.

"Nope! I'm over him." She sticks out her tongue in a childish sort of way.

"The guy who owns the jewellery shop?" I try plucking out some of Marilyn's flings from my memory. None of them were very impressionable since she typically jumped from one man to the next.

"No!" She rolls her eyes in disbelief. "I'm talking about the sexiest guy in our office."

ED? She doesn't mean Ed, does she? Is Ed two-timing me? I'm going to kill him for stringing me along, that assh-

"It's Derek!" she says proudly.

"Well, that's aweso-" I begin my automatic reply and stop.

Wait.

What? WHAT? Come again? I must have heard wrongly. She can't have just said what I thought she said.

"De..Derek?" I croak out. As in....our asshole manager? THAT DEREK?

"Yes!" Marilyn says happily as she twirls her blonde curls. "I know you think he's bad and all but he's a really nice guy! We talked a lot after we had sex last night. He's really funny!"

Ew. No, this is gross. Since when is Derek is sexy and funny? That's like saying a cockroach is sweet and romantic. He's just some judgmental, weird....cow. Marilyn understands that. Did she take a love potion or something? I'm sorry. Derek is not sexy. He just isn't. He's a jerk. A full-blown jerk. What's with Marilyn's obsession with him?

"He's just using you for sex," I say. I don't know if he's married or not but whoever ends up with him is one really sad girl.

"He's not!" Marilyn retort indignantly. "You're just prejudiced!"

"Prejudiced?" I'm taken aback. "I'm telling you the truth!" Doesn't she remember the coffee breaks we took to snub at Derek? Can't she recall that we used to make jokes about him? Where's that kickass Marilyn?

"I thought you were a friend," she growls and rushes towards the stairs.

Great, because of my honesty, my good friend here has taken to climbing 15 stories worth of steps. Hello? White lies are so needed here. Honestly is really overrated.

"Chloe."

I turn around, hoping that Marilyn has returned but no, it's just Ed. Not that I'm not happy to see him. I'm just....ok, I'm pre-menstrual and exceptionally horny.

"Why's your face so flushed?" Ed asks bemusedly.

Ping! The escalator arrives and both of us go in. I'm a bit excited to be with him in this enclosed space but my mind keeps whirling with images of Derek and Marilyn kissing and making out. NO. NO. NO. Denial is the best way to go here.

"Nothing," I say. "Shall we...?" I lean in towards him. I'm almost dying for some elevator sex. Right now.

Ed looks taken aback. "I thought you wanted discretion. We're in an elevator. People might see us," he retorts.

"Whatever," I murmur and kiss him.

"Mhmmm...." he mumbles, succumbing to my charms. I cling onto him as his hand fumbles under my shirt.

Ping! 

"Shit!" I withdraw back and adjust my blouse. Two severe-looking executives walk in holding monstrous briefcases. I recognize them. They're some top-notch people who scares us common beings  with their exceptional grammar and talking.

"Mr Hardy," both greets politely. They ignore me which is a relief in this case. I don't think they would notice my unbuttoned shirt. Ed discreetly adjusts his crumpled shirt too. It's lucky that there aren't any lipstick marks on his face.

"Miss Granger, Mr Bant." Ed nods. He turns his head towards and frowns.

"I'm killing you for this," he mouths.

I shrug. I'm pre-menstrual. Who can blame me for that?