How You Met

Steve

You were at your favorite gym, running on a treadmill

You were at your favorite gym, running on a treadmill. You were sweaty, breathing hard, and wearing minimal makeup. But it seemed someone had found you attractive...

Next thing you knew, a handsome (and jacked) blond man was beginning his journey on the treadmill beside yours. You glanced over at him at the same moment he had decided to sneak a peek, and you offered a smile, to which he blushed a bit and smiled back, turning to finish the settings on the machine and the football game on one of the TVs in the room.

You kept looking over when he didn't notice, and vice versa, until your time was up. You wiped down the machine, changed your playlist from a random shuffle of a few albums to your favorite: Panic! at the Disco. You made your way over to the machines that would rip your arm muscles apart, and reluctantly decided it was arm day. Luckily for you, you had Brendon Urie cheering you on. The handsome blond you had jogged beside for over twenty minutes was doing free weights a couple yards away from you, and you tried not to stare.

By the time your routine had ended, you grabbed your hoodie and went over to the water fountain to get a drink, since you had forgotten your water bottle like the genius you were. You finished drinking from the Fountain of Life and straightened up, and almost jumped to see Blondie drinking from the fountain beside you. Just as he finished, you attempted to make conversation. 

"Do you come to this gym often?" He straightened his back and looked at you with a smile on his face, and you instantly grew hot. "I mean...I just—I've never seen you here before," you fumbled for the right words, letting your dreams of getting his number wither away and die.

The man chuckled and shook his head. "No, I'm pretty new here. Nice to come in and see a pretty face, though."

You blushed a bit, and hoped it would blend in with the workout flush. "Well, thank you," you giggled, and he nodded his head to you, then held out his hand.

"I'm Steve Rogers by the way, ma'am," he said politely, and you gave his hand a firm shake.

"(Y/N) (L/N). Nice to meet you," you returned, inwardly hoping something good could come out of this...and hopefully soon.

Loki