introduction

Lee Minhyuk

The room was cold, and the harsh lights took away the supposed 'cosy' atmosphere this meeting was meant to carry.
One by one, the seats around the table were filled up by a host of people, varying in shapes and sizes. I played with a loose thread on my jeans, the rest of us now only waiting for the landlords to arrive.

Absentmindedly, I looked up at my surroundings, a fidgety boy catching my eyes. Upon closer look, his breathing was uneven as if he'd been running from something, and his clothes dishevelled to a point it was somewhat acceptable (nowadays) for fleeting glances. But the harder I stared, the more I realised that perhaps, he seemed far from okay.
Others around him failed to notice, continuing to just speak to him. He replied happily; perhaps too lively for a 9am meeting on a Sunday morning, but this part he was playing cracked often, and his erratic behaviour then more visible.

The two of us were perhaps the youngest tenants in our block, but that was it as for similarities. The differences were clearly there to be seen; the other tenants only spoke to me if the needed to, they spoke to him deliberately. My gaze dropped back to the loose thread, & only returned when the door to this small room slammed shut.

"Good morning, everybody," Mrs Kang boomed, voice akin to that guy's - too happy for a Sunday morning. She clapped her hands, and we slowly copied. "it's great to see such a turn out so early in the morning. I called you here today so you have a chance to meet the other tenants on your block, and to iron out any questions our most recent tenants have."

She directed her smile at me, but it wasn't like I didn't hear how she would come to your house everyday demanding for money if you didn't pay rent on time. I flashed a weak smile back, shrinking under all the eyes now on me.
The boy from before was also looking, and when I happened to look at him he flashed me a smile that consisted of crescent eyes & deep-set dimples.

"Jooheon, lovely, " He responded to the name, snapping his head in Mrs Kang's direction. "you forgot the coffee."

"Oh! I'll be right back." He bolted up from his seat, bowing repeatedly.

"Minhyuk, go help him." She said.

I slowly got out of my chair. "S-Sure."
Jooheon, who was by the door, shrugged before walking out. I followed two steps behind him, until he suddenly turned around just before the stairs. I stepped back.

"You don't need to come up, I got it." He smiled.

"You sure? It's like 40 coffees and whatnot."

"100%," he looked stressed. "just wait here, please."

"I-sure." I didn't contradict him; not only did he look suddenly anxious, he was just going into his house after all. He gave me a small nod and set up the stairs, slowing down near the top until he disappeared into his house.

He was gone for a total of 8 minutes, and I began to wonder what exactly was holding him up as I kicked the same pebble I had been kicking for the past few minutes.

"Why didn't you go and help him?" Mrs Kang appeared from nowhere.

"I-he told me to wait here, and I didn't want to force myself into his house."

"Okay, well, what's holding him up?"

As she said those words, Jooheon could be seen at the top of the stairs, one hand holding a tray of disposable coffee cups. He flashed us a smile as he made his way down.
Halfway through, he stopped, staggering slightly.

"What-"

He staggered once more before he fell, rolling down at least two flights of stairs. The two of us sprinted up to him, and I noticed his right arm, bent at an awkward angle as he groaned loudly. "Good fucking God."

Jooheon was covered in a thin layer of sweat, eyes barely open before they just completely fluttered shut. Mrs Kang screamed for help, but I stared, noticing that it took him falling several flights of stairs to look like he wasn't forcing an emotion. I sighed.

The next hour went by as a blur, filled with sirens and medical terms being yelled over me, the sound of an ambulance door shutting and it speeding away. Then came silence, as I remained stood in that very spot, coffee now drying under my feet.

HDJDJDJDBD y'all I'm so excited for this book joohyuk is one of my top 3 ships and I have literally been waiting months for a good enough idea for mi boys :')
I should tell you now that I'm considering making this book extremely emo, but I'm not quite sure yet if what I have in mind will help the story line, bUT idk yet
I also don't know when this will be updated but I do know it won't be very frequently for as long as 3005 is still going
If you're here after 3005 or even after Flicker is finished how you doing? welcome back sis
Hope you enjoy 💛

home ; joohyuk ∏ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें