Chapter Six

Will

     When I woke up, I found myself laying on the couch inside of the cabin Mr. Michaels had rented. I saw that I was, surprisingly, still in my wolf. I looked up from my burrow in the blankets to find Emma kneeling on the floor next to the sofa. Mr. Michaels was sitting on a wooden chair from the kitchen table on the other side of the room giving me a questioning and worried look. Emma smiled when she saw that I was up.

     "See dad," Emma said looking towards the man, "I told you he was hurt and only wanted help."

     "Fine. Call me if you need anything, I'll be in the my room," he stalked out of the room.

     Emma then locked her gaze onto mine. I was startled when I heard her voice in my head.

     'Are you okay?' Emma's words resonated in my mind. 'You passed out and I had to drag you all the way back here. You know, that was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do because you weigh like four tons.'

     'Gee, thanks. Wait, how did you learn how to mindlink?' I asked.

     'Oh, I really don't know. And my dad thinks that you went on a walk early this morning and that while you were gone, a harmed and huge wolf showed up.' Then Emma continued out loud in a whisper, "You should shift back and start packing because we're leaving today." I nodded and placed my front paws on the floor, quietly getting off the couch.

     Once I was in the room Emma and I shared, I shifted back and put some shorts and a t-shirt on. Emma came in just as I was sliding my shirt over my head. She grabbed our large duffle bags and threw her stuff into one and I did the same to the other.

'Em,' I sent my thoughts to her as we rode in the car back to her house, 'I have to bring you to the pack house because every time a werewolf is given admittance to the pack, there is a meeting. So, you'll have to be there.'

     'Okay, I'm fine with that, maybe, but the real problem is my dad. What are we gonna tell him. And it has to be reasonable.' Emma announced mumbling the maybe part.

     'Um, I can ask him if you could come with me and my parents on a fake road trip to Maine, that will give us like nine days in total. But really I'd just be bringing you to the pack.' I was proud of my idea and I guess that it was written all over my face because Emma chuckled while nodding in agreement.

     'When would we leave?'

     'In three days. I have to get my pack ready.' I muttered the comment about my pack as I remembered the state it was in when I left with Emma. The pack had been a mess of crying werewolves because my beta Jace's father, who had been loved and looked up at, had died.

   Emma

     I listened as Will asked dad if I could go with him and his parents to Maine. Dad had been hesitant to say yes, but when I gave him pleading eyes from my position behind Will he agreed with a sigh and entered the house. Will turned to me and gave me a lopsided grin.

     "I guess I'll see you on Tuesday then," I concluded. "What do I need to pack?"

     "Pretty much the same kind of stuff that's in your bag now," he said. "See ya later."

  The wait for Tuesday was long. Very long. When Will did show up around four p.m, I practically sprinted to the door. Dad gave me a rundown in the kitchen while Will waited at the front door. Even though we were in different parts of the house, I figured with his enhanced hearing, Will could still hear us.

     "I don't want a drop of alcohol in or on you; I don't want you to pick up any type of tobacco; I don't want-" dad rambled on but I cut him off.

     "Dad, I will be fine. I'll have Will and Mr. and Mrs. Oakley with me. Stop worrying."

     I headed to the front door and dad followed. Saying bye one last time, I opened the passenger side door of Will's black pick-up truck and as I did Dad called out: "Remember, no drugs, no alcohol, and don't come back with babies! I'm to young to be a grandfather!" I froze in my seat at the last comment and blushed furiously, which Will laughed at.

   After driving down a dirt road, that you would have missed if you didn't know it was there, we pulled up to a house. Or should I say mansion. The pack house was tan but the part where the door was, was red brick.

     Will walked me to the front entrance and unlocked the door.

     "This is my hell of a normal werewolf family," Will announced and he opened the door. I had walked two steps into the house before being pulled into a huge hug by what looked like Will's mom. I peered over her shoulder and saw a lot of people with excited faces. Great, more people to squeeze the life out of me.

      Hi. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. My dad took my kindle and I couldn't update anywhere else. I will try to update again soon. Please comment about the story and what you think about it.

  -inarac