Chapter Five

Will

     Emma's dad had been at the basketball courts most of the day yesterday, the day that I told Emma everything, and he was there today also. When he got back to the cabin and after we had dinner, he suggested that Emma and I go for a hike in the woods before it got too late. I was leaning towards going on the hike because I had a feeling that Emma was supposed to shift tonight, but I figured that the wolf that attacked her wasn't done. I was sure that it would try to attempt to kill her again.

     I looked at her and we silently agreed to go. After I had packed a pair of jeans and a t-shirt for myself, I told Emma to do the same. She gave me a questioning look but tossed sweat pants and a t-shirt in.

     "Em," I said using her nickname. I swear that she blushed at it. "Tonight is a new moon and you're most likely going to shift into your wolf, but don't worry I'll be right by your side the whole time." She nodded but still looked scared about the idea.

          Half an hour later I heard leaves rustling. I looked around and saw that Emma and I were in a clearing.

     "Emma," I was interrupted by a dirt colored wolf that collided into my side. The surprise of the blow pushed me into alpha mode and I shifted on the spot. Emma shrieked and screamed my name as the werewolf's jaws clamped onto my right hind leg. I fell to the ground with Emma fending for herself. I felt like an idiot, a complete failure. If I couldn't protect my best friend, my newest pack member, my newest pup, against one little rouge, then how could I protect and lead a pack of 250 werewolves?

     'Dude, stop it. You're making me feel worse' I ignored Drystan and tried to not pass out.

Emma

     I screamed Will's name as the werewolf bit his leg. Pent up anger was boiling inside me.

     'Hey, Em you can shift now. There's like twenty minutes left until midnight when you're supposed to do it, but I'm ready.' Mac announced. I took a deep breath and focused on werewolves.

     With a howl I opened my eyes and looked at my paws then down at my fur. It was a shade of dark red/brown that sparkled in the moon light.

     After Will dropped to the ground the dirt colored wolf turned on me. I growled at him and once I scared him off I dashed to Will.

     The midnight black wolf lay limp on the ground but his eyes were still open. I raised my paw and gently touched his rib cage causing him to grimace. Mac made me nudge his neck and Will wines a complaint about the pain. So, I curled up next to his large wolf body. Just before I let sleep take over, I reached my head up and licked Will's muzzle where his cheek should've been. I don't understand why but Mac purred in content.

---------------------------------------------------------------

S'up my people? Sorry I took so long to update, I had a terrible writers block. Hope you enjoyed.

-inarac