The Last Carol

Zacznij od początku

"Look, she didn't do it." Michael stood "And she's the best chance we have at solving this. Give her a chance!"

"I agree." Ester joined in.

"Me too." Viv agreed.

"She's our best shot." Ebony sighed.

"Fine, but if I get shot, it's on all of you!" Jesse warned.

"Okay. Everyone stays in here until I figure this out. Father, you're coming with me."

Todd and Emily left the ballroom and walked through the household until they reached the armory.

"Why are we here?"

"Unlock it. You're the only one with the code, right?" Emily asked.

"Y-Yes, but I would never —"

"Just unlock it."

Todd typed in a 16 digit code and the locks released. Emily pushed the door open, along with Todd.

Gripping her old pistol, Emily raised her voice "Is anything missing?"

Emily pointed the gun towards Todd as he searched. A minute or so later, he replied "My Glock 17, it's not here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. You know I'm a very OCD person, Emilia."

"Don't call me that. Ever."

"Yes, I'm sorry." Todd sighed.

Emily kept the pistol in grip and she reentered the ballroom.

Todd waltzed over to the snack bar as Emily began "I'm going to start my questioning. Starting with Jesse."

Jesse kissed Ester and followed me into the kitchen.

"Are you planning on pinning this on me?" Jesse asked.

"Only if you're guilty."

"Fine. What do you want to know?"

"Did you have any altercations with Heather Bowle?"

"No. She's always treated me as her own." Jesse replied calmly.

"Is there anyone who might've had an issue with Mrs. Bowle?"

"Not that I know of."

"Okay. Send in Ester."

"Fine." Jesse sighed.

Moments later, Ester was in the room.

"Have you figured it out yet?" Ester asked.

"I can't say." Emily bit her lip.

"Look, there's no reason Jesse or I would harm Mother. She's always treated us with love. We were her heirs."

"Heirs? To what?"

"Uh - I just meant that as in I'm the eldest. I'm her heir, and so is Jesse."

"Okay. Send in Aunt Viv and Uncle Oliver."

"Of course." Ester scurried out of the room, soon replaced by Oliver and Viv.

"Honey, are you okay?" Oliver asked.

Oliver had always treated Emily better than her sisters. After realizing Viv couldn't have kids, Oliver slipped into a depression. But thankfully, when times were tough, Emily would always put a smile on his face. She was his light in the dark and she outshined all others.