0.1

Mackenzie Ziegler ♡
-

"So send the X and O's, on another note I'm ghost!" I sang out, as I straightened my freshly blow dried hair.

My makeup was finished already, and I was dressed in my favorite denim cut offs, along with a black crop top, and an oversized Jean jacket to top off the look. After finishing straightening the last curl of hair, I out my hair in two French braids, pulling out baby hairs for a messy affect.

Smiling at the mirror in approval, I slipped on my white converse, choosing low cut over high tops. I put on pearl earrings, and then grabbed my cracked Samsung Galaxy.

Standing in front of my body length mirror, I turned the flash on my snap chat camera, resulting in a cute mirror selfie for Instagram. I posted it to my story, then my Insta, before throwing the phone onto the bed.

My phone beeped, and I groaned, walking over and plopping down on my soft blankets.

One new message. It read.

I opened up the message, finding out that it was Johnny.

Johnnyyyyy: hey boo have you got your present yet

Me: nopee

Johnnyyyyy: aw why
Johnnyyyyy: go open it

Me: ug I wanted to wait till my birthday

Johnnyyyyy: trust me boo, it's worth it
Johnnyyyyy: go open it

Me: fineeeee
Me: brb

Groaning, I trotted down the stairs into the living room.

"Mom!" I yelled into the kitchen. "Where's my present from John?"

Mom came into the room, holding up a small box and an envelope.

"I thought you didn't want them until your birthday?"

I shrugged. "Johnny convinced me."

I calmly unwrapped a present, and I almost screamed. I had been stuck with the same old cracked Samsung Galaxy for two and a half years now. But, finally, I had gotten my birthday wish, which was a brand new, rose gold, iPhone 6s Plus. And I almost died.

My Mom was recording my reaction the whole time so that I could send it to John.

"Go ahead honey, open the other one." She grinned, obviously knowing what it was.

I reached for the small envelope, about to tear into it.

"Wait!" Mom hissed, making me jump. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. But I just want you to guess what it is. Here's your hint. I made sure you cleaned ALL of the guest rooms last week. All seven. Why do you think so?"

I shrugged again. "Um, because we want our guests to have a nice place to stay."

She nodded. "And who do you think is staying?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe some family? What does this have to do with my envelope?" I grumbled.

She chuckled. "Just open the-"
I ripped open the envelope, and pulled out a bunch of many Polaroid pictures, and two folded up pieces of paper. I opened the paper that said 1 on it first.

Dear Kenz,
I love you more than you will ever know, and I'm SO happy about what you're about to see. But first, a few words. I know we've not seen each other in a while, but I remember the first time I met you. You're still as gorgeous as ever, and I can't believe a girl like you chose a guy like me to be your bestie. I'm SO lucky to have you Mackenzie. I love you, and I pray that 17 treats you well.
Johnny
Ps: on the back of each Polaroid is a number. Look through the Polaroids in order, THEN look at the paper with a 2

I sniffled, surprised that he wrote that much for me.

Shrugging it off, I made my mom flip over all the Polaroids and hand them to me in order.

"Number one." I gulped, flipping the picture over to see it. "It's a bunch of roses, and it shapes out the letter I. I'm ready for the next one Mom." She handed me the next card, smiling. "Number two. Starbursts lined up to spell out GOT. Continue." Another card. "Card number three. It's like a picture of his snapchat. It says 'You A' give me the last one." I gasped as I looked at the last picture. "Mom, it's a picture of a puppy! I'm so happy!" I screamed.

She was giggling. "I knew you would be. Now that piece of paper."

I unfolded it.

It was like a copy of something. Plane tickets to be exact. And some kind of receipt. It was for a house that had been bought a few months back.  As I studied the plane tickets, it finally clicked in my head. There was one for Johnny, one for his sister, and one for his Mom. And they were all for coming to Cali. And he had sent me a receipt from a house.

"Oh. My. GOD!" I squealed, and burst into tears. My mom was jumping up and down, and she told me that the house was close to ours, technically right next door. She then informed me that John had written a ton of contacts in the new phone, so that I could FaceTime him after opening my presents.

So I did just that. I ran upstairs, plopped on my bed, and pulled up the FaceTime app.