Chapter 23 - I Love Her Too

Start from the beginning

"I've known for a while," I shrug.

"Hyung seriously close your mouth," Jungkook says pushing Tae's jaw upwards.

"I can't believe this," Tae says. "I'm so happy for you Jimin." Tae smiles brightly.

"Also another question," Jang-mi says. "Since when were Tae and Jungkook such good friends?"

"Why wouldn't we be?" Jungkook asks. "We're brothers." Jang-mi hits herself in the head. We all look at her strangely.

"Is there anything else anyone's got to tell me?" Jang-mi asks looming around. After a few seconds of silence, Seulgi raises her hand meekly.

"I'm married," Seulgi admits shyly. "Me and my boyfriend eloped during the holiday." She buries her head in her hands expecting a different reaction. Everyone bursts out into cheers. She looks up from her hands and smiles widely.

"That's awesome!" Jang-mi shouts.

Everything feels so perfect. Everyone's so supportive of each other. Everyone's happy for each other. Everyone's friends. Nothing can go wrong.

"Have any of you seen Na-yu?" Jang-mi asks. All of us shuffle awkwardly. Seulgi shakes her head slightly. I guess someone must have told her what happened.

I suppose something can always go wrong.

"Can all students please make their way to the main hall immediately?" The head announces over the top of the speakers.

Saved by the bell.

The seven of us stand up and walk to the main hall. We have to queue for a bit outside the building because the number of students waiting to go in. We wait silently as we slowly get inside. We go in and take our seats. I spot Na-yu sitting further forwards with some other girls from our class. I can't help but scowl at her. Suddenly the assembly starts.

"Welcome back," the head says. "To the next term of year, unfortunately the term of this year." Everyone looks around questioning what she had just said. "After this term the school will be shutting down, and all our students will be sent to different schools up and down South Korea." Chatter and confusion begins to build up. I'm there with the crowd not understanding why.
"We understand this must be a shock to all of you. However we can not afford to keep this school up and running anymore. Places exist for you at other colleges and they're glad to take anyone they can. We will email you and your parents asking about preferences but we can only do what we can. I hope you enjoy your last term here." She leaves, leaving everyone dumbfounded.

***

"This isn't fair," Jang-mi complains as we walk to our first class. "I don't want to leave." She sits at the lecture table in a huff. "I love it here. I love all of the friends I've made." I sit next to her and rub her shoulders.

"I know it sucks," I comfort. "But we just have to go with the flow unfortunately."

"I know," she huffs. "What are you guys thinking about doing?"

"I've got to stay in Seoul," Ru-Ri says. "I can go to the best business place in South Korea if I stay here." Jang-mi nods.

"Tae and me I'll probably stay in Seoul," Jungkook says. "Our family will want us to stay here."

"Same for me," Jimin agrees. "And my new family will be here too."

"My husband's moving back," Seulgi says. "I need to stay here for him."

"Then we'll all stay in Seoul," Jang-mi says.

"Okay," I answer. We all put our hands in a circle and promise. No of us will leave. We'll stay here forever, and be with each other forever.

"It can't get much better than This," Jang-mi smiles.

She's right it can't.

Or at least I thought.