When Tragedy Strikes

(Y/N)'s POV

As I sat in my seat with Weiss leaning her head on my shoulder time seemed to fly by. Looking out the window I saw the clouds roll by one by one until I heard someone walk towards us. Looking up I saw it was Ruby.
(Y/N): "Hi Ruby." I said with a smile.
Ruby: "Hey guys." She said with a wave. "Uncle Qrow wanted me to come get you two. He wants to brief us on the mission and what we have to do." I nodded as she walked away. Looking to my right I saw Weiss was still on my shoulder but she had fallen asleep. I smiled as I began to shake her lightly. After a few seconds she began to stir and wake up. Lifting her head up she yawned and stretched.
(Y/N): "Time to wake up my little snowflake." I said as she began to slowly open her eyes.
Weiss: "What's going on?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes for a few seconds and yawned again.
(Y/N): "Qrow wants to brief us on the mission so come on." I said as she nodded. We both got out of our chairs and moved towards the back of the bullhead to find Qrow, Ruby, Yang, and Blake sitting at a small table. Drawing closer Qrow looked at us.
Qrow: "Good you're finally here." He said as I sat down in a chair and Weiss sat next to me. "Now we can get to the mission." He said as he took his flask from his pocket and took a swig.
Ruby: "What is the mission anyways Uncle Qrow?" She asked with curiosity as he put the cap back on his flask and placed it in his pocket.
Qrow: "Oz wants us to exterminate some Grim." He said as I heard Ruby sigh.
Yang: "Just Grim?" She asked questionally.
Qrow: "Well these aren't your everyday Grim." He said as he pulled his scroll from his pocket and went to a picture. When he stopped on the picture he tapped it and a 3D hologram came from his scroll. It was a Grim but something seemed off about it. It look as if someone had twisted it and warped it with scientific means.
Blake: "What is that?" She asked.
Qrow: "We don't have any detail on this new type of Grim. It just randomly appeared one day. The only thing we know is that the last know location of this Grim was an abandoned dust mine on the outskirts of Mountain Glen." He said as I carefully studied the new breed. What I noticed the most was it's back and shoulders which had crystals growing out of them.
Weiss: "Are those crystals on its back?" She asked with curiosity.
Qrow: "From what eye witnesses have told us they seem to be. No Grim by nature has ever had crystals sprout from there bodies. Oz and I are thinking that these Grim were genetically created but by who we don't know yet." He said with a slight sigh.
(Y/N): "So we just have to kill however many there are?" I asked.
Qrow: "That's the plan." He said as I nodded. "We should be arriving at our destination in one hour so you all best prepare for the worst." He said as we all nodded and got up from our chairs and began to prepare for the what is yet to come.

Timeskip - 1 Hour

The bullhead touched the ground with a thud as the doors opened to reveal a forest. We exited the bullhead and slowly made our way into the forest. While we walked everyone began to talk while Weiss and I started talking to each other.
Weiss: "So how many Grim do you think there are?" She questioned me.
(Y/N): "Dosent matter how many there are." I said as I pointed to my crystal. "As long as I have this they won't stand a chance." I said as Weiss rolled her eyes playfully.
Weiss: "And what if you don't have your crystal then huh tough guy?" She said teasingly.
(Y/N): "Well I have my fists don't I?" I said as she just chuckled.
Weiss: "You have an answer for everything don't you ya dunce." She said as I just shrugged my shoulders.
(Y/N): "Well for you my little snowflake I will always have an answer." I said as she smiled at me.
Weiss: "I just hope the mission goes alright." She said a little worried. I then grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers while giving her hand a slight squeeze.
(Y/N): "It will so don't worry yourself. I'll make sure everyone is safe and sound. You have my word." I said as she looked at me. She then gave me a quick peck on the cheek and I felt my face heat up slightly.
Weiss: "I know you will (Y/N)." She said in a happy tone. After another thirty minutes or so we finally found the mine we were looking for. Right before we entered the cave Qrow turned around and spoke to us.
Qrow: "Before we go any farther I want all of you to remember what you all agreed to Ozpin. You are to follow my orders and do as I say. You will not put yourselves in danger and if the battle is to hard we run. Do you all understand?" He said as we all nodded. He then turned around and we began to walking into the abandoned mine. While walking we noticed that the place was lined with all sorts of dust crystals and abandoned work tools. Whatever happened here made them leave in a hurry. As we ventured further into the cave I could feel something strange. I looked down at my crystal to see that it began to shake a little as if it were quievering. I just ignored it as we continued our journey into the cave. After a while we had reached the back of the cave which led us into a giant cave system. We all looked around in awe at the crystals that line the walls and ceilings. Making our way further into the mine we had to cross a bridge over a abyss. The bridge itself was in good condition but we decided to walk across one by one as to be safe. When we all made it across the gap we stood in the middle of a giant opening.
Yang: "This place is cool and all but where the hell are the Grim." She said. As if on que we heard multiple howls as we readied our weapons. I looked towards the crystals in front of us to see them start to move. The crystals moved closer as I noticed two beowolves and one uras. They all had green crystals coming from there backs and shoulders as well as there teeth being made of the same crystal. I just gulped as we all got ready. The Grim charged us as we held our position. I then felt my crystal begin to shake violently as I looked down. Weiss noticed my crystal and looked at it.
Weiss: "What's going on with your crystal (Y/N)?" She asked nervously as I pressed it against my chest but nothing happened.
(Y/N): "I don't know it won't activated into armor." I said aggravated as I pressed it against my chest again for nothing to happen. I heard the heavy footsteps get closer and everyone getting there weapons ready to fire.
Weiss: "Try turning it into a weapon." She said as she looked forward ready to fight. I grabbed the crystal and held it out in front of me. My hand shook slightly with it as I I tried to focus. After a couple of seconds I finally managed to transform into into a simple dagger.
(Y/N): "This will have to do." I said as I readied myself.