hey there disappointment, it's been a while

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" He spoke, stopping me from hanging up.

"Yeah?"

"You're amazing." For some reason, I felt even more disappointed. I knew he said it to make it upto me. Trying not to show I was hurt I covered it up.

"I'm always amazing babe." He was definitely gonna give me a teasing reply on that.

"Mhm. You are." Somehow I got even more disappointed. I don't understand why I expect so much of him. I expected him to be interested in actually being with me. I guess expectations really do lead to disappointment.

"It's fine. I'll watch it with Nora.." I said. However, all I met with was silence in reply. And then he spoke.

"Oh yay! Enjoy!" His tone sharp and sarcastic. I frowned. Was he PMSing or something? Or is he bipolar? I thought he didn't wanna watch it? What the fuck is going on?

Very confused, I held the phone for a while wondering what the hell just happened. Shrugged it off to probably nothing, I told Nora we'll watch the movie today.

The rest of the night spent by in a blur with my mind on Xavier's weird behavior and Nora's Hilario comments on the movie. I was just glad my best friend was around to cheer me up so good. Thank God for best friends right?

The next morning we went to school together. Nora had decided to spend the night at my place and then she again decided that I'll be her ride to school too. Neither of my decisions with my consent. (Sighs)

Walking towards my locker I saw Xavier leaning against it. My heart fluttered a little.

"Hey babe." I said. He turned around and smirked.

"Hey baby.. how was the movie?" He had asked so casually, it made me wonder if he was sarcastic last night at all or was it just me? It was probably just me.

I didn't have the time to think any further, when I got interrupted with a very excited voice.

"Haaazyyy!!!" Kace was coming towards us with his eyes shinning of excitement. God he was so cute.

"Pfft! I'm cute too." Xavier said. Did I say it out loud?

As soon as Kace reached us, he tackled me into a giant bear hug. I giggled. He was so cute. And just then I was snatched away into another warm pair of arms. Xavier. I smiled.

"Where were youuu??" He whined.
Huh?

"When?" I asked him. Xavier's arms around me tightened.

"Last night duh! Why didn't you come?"

"Where did I not come?" What the hell was he talking about?

"At Xavier's place dude. He called us all. He said he called y-" He must have seen some warning in Xavier's eyes because he stopped whatever he was saying. Xavier called them at his place when we were supposed to watch a movie? Did he purposely cancel the plans with me?

I turned around and looked at Xavier questioningly. My heart clenched a little. Xavier looked at me with a glint of remorse and then it disappeared, leaving me wondering if I had imagined it.

"Did you purposely cancel plans with me to hang out with the guys?" I asked with my heart pounding in my ears.
Xavier looked at me with a panicked face.

"It had been a while since me and the guys hung out. I just missed them baby. And then I figured that you wouldn't like it if I asked you to come aswell. So I didn't." He clarified quickly. I knew that wasn't the complete truth. I knew Kace was gonna say something else too. Before Xavier stopped him.

No. I wasn't gonna show that I was hurt. I'm not vulnerable and I won't ever be. Never.

I smiled.

"It's okay Xavier. I understand.. you wanted to spend time with you friends. It's okay." Hardly keeping a monotone I told him. I knew I wasn't convincing. But I won't let him hear that he hurt me. Never. Nobody can hurt me. Not after Dad.

Xavier looked like he wanted to say something. But he stayed quiet. For some reason I thought he would apologise and make it upto me. Or maybe at least say something further, so that I know he feels bad. But he stayed quiet.

Hey there disappointment! It's been a while..

----------------

Hey guys!  I'm Soo sorry it took me so long to update. I know it's horrible of me. But don't hate me. Pweash? This vampire needs it's readers.

Honestly it was just life being life. It's been an emotional rollercoaster lately and I didn't get much time. I'm so sorry! I'll be quick from now on.

It's a promise!