I am Here - Remus

The whimpering of a dog echoed through the Shrieking Shack. A rat was hiding in a hole and the stag was stuck between the bedpost. The werewolf was out of control. Remus was out of control. He ran through the hidden passageway, through the Whomping Willow, towards Hogwarts. Nobody thought it could become worse as Y/N Y/L/N came towards the tree. She knew she should have stayed behind, but she worried about Remus. The fear of him getting hurt was so much bigger as her common sense.

Once Remus, in his werewolf form, caught sight of Y/N, his wolf lost all control. He ran towards the girl, who began to scream. His claws hit her skin, making the girl scream so badly that the whole school woke up. Tears streamed out of her eyes and she whimpered at him to stop, praying that her Remus would hear her. The three Animagi's were still in the Shrieking Shack, listening helplessly to the horrible noises.

Y/N began to feel dizzy and her breathing slowed down. The dark fog began to cover her sight and she knew it was the end. She looked at the werewolf as he continued to scratch her body. "I love you, Remus," she whispered her last words, before leaving the world. The sound echoed through Remus' mind. Something wet began to run down his cheek. He stopped attacking the body and moved a few steps away. His body slowly began to transform back to human and he dropped to the floor. The sight of the dead body broke him. It was the love of his love, lying on the floor. Bleeding. Dead. He cried and cried until he blacked out.

"Remus...," a voice called out. "Remus," the voice repeated, causing Remus to rip open his eyes. It took him a while to get used to his surroundings since it was so bright. He looked up, to see his best friends fully dressed in their school uniform. "Are you okay? Last night was hard, found you passed out in the front of the Whomping Willow," Sirius told him, being worried. Remus' breath hitched. "Last night was full moon?" His friends looked at each other with confusion. "Yes," James told him, moving towards his friends, "Everything okay? You look like you have seen a ghost."

"Was Y/N there last night?" Remus asked in a shaky voice, "Injured, or worse, dead?" The boys looked alarmed at each other, "You don't mean?" Sirius asked carefully. Remus nodded, knowing his full question, "I think I killed my girlfriend last night."

It took a while to calm Remus enough down, for him to get dressed. "Remus, if you hurt Y/N, someone would have come around to ask us questions. Don't worry. It was just a nightmare after you passed out. Y/N is fine." Remus nodded, trying to believe his best friend's words as Lily Evans ran towards them. "Hello, Evans. Can't get enough of me?" James smirked, looking at his crush. "Shut up, Potter. I am not here for you," she turned to Remus, "Did you see Y/N? She wasn't in her bed this morning. I also heard that something happened last night. Professor McGonagall won't be here for our first class."

Remus' face became as white as a sheet. A noise came out of his mouth, which sounded like a sob. "If you would excuse me," Remus stuttered, running towards Dumbledore's office. He ignored the calls of his best friends and Lily. He murmured the password, before running up the stairs. Without thinking, he crashed into the office. "Mr Lupin?" A voice asked, causing him to look at the people in front of him. McGonagall was the one who spoke. She was accompanied by Headmaster Dumbledore, who sat behind his desk, and a young girl in front of him. At a second glance, he realized it was Y/N. A bruise was on her face, along with a cut beneath her eye.

"Y/N?" A weight was lifted from his shoulders, "What happened?" Dumbledore chuckled softly, " Ms Y/L/N was worried about you and went to check on you. In the dark night, she didn't saw a root and tripped. As you can see, nothing bad happened, except a bruise and a few cuts." Y/N's cheeks heat up at the mentions of her clumsiness. "Would you be so nice Mr Lupin and accompany Ms Y/L/N back to her dorms. I believe both of you need some rest after the long night you both had."

Remus nodded, but couldn't help but continue to stare at his girlfriend. What if something would have gone wrong, and she really would have got hurt or killed by him. She took his hand and the couple walked towards the common room. The whole way back, Remus stayed quite, making Y/N even more nervous. Once they have reached the common room, Remus turned to her. His eyes filled with tears. "Remus? What's wrong?" she asked him, just as worried as his friends this morning.

"I thought you were dead," he murmured, wiping away his tears, "I had a nightmare, I was in my werewolf form and killed you. Sirius tried to reassure me that it was only a dream, but when Lily said that you weren't in your bed this morning, I thought... I thought I killed you." Her heart broke at the sight of that. "I am okay, Remus. I am here and not dead." He didn't say anything but hugged her tightly to his chest, continuing to cry. "I am here," she whispered in against him while caressing his back.