26 ➸ real life

twenty six ; real life

AUDREY

Harley and I sat in silence at the table. I hated when we sat silent. Mostly because it was usually after a fight. I didn't want to mess anything up with her. Her facial expression screamed 'broken' which made my heart hurt.

I knew what she was going through was tough, but the fact that she went into public and had another meltdown just infuriates me. I had to calm her down after I caused her to have yet another meltdown and smack me and then punch me twice in the face. I'm such a fucking idiot.

I stared at her like a lost puppy as I held a pack of ice to my injured jaw. Harley looked at me, then at the ground in shame. "Don't do that. I deserved it. I shouldn't have scared you like that. I fucked up," I spoke up, causing her to focus her gaze on me. She hadn't spoke in an hour, and I was wondering if she was mad at me or not.

"What kind of girlfriend punches you? I'm losing it, Audrey," she finally said something. "I'm really losing it."

"Don't say that. He wins if you think that."

"He's in my head. I don't know what he wants from us," she said.

"He wants us to go down for something. Piper and Kieran wanted revenge for Brandon James, and they were the only ones in that whole connection. This person wants something different. They want to watch all of us crumble."

I frown as I remember the strange dream I had. The killer had told me that he wants Harley, not me. It was like he sent a message through my brain. "I didn't do anything. I can't keep letting him ruin my fucking state of mind over his anger issues. A normal person would talk it out," Harley snarled.

I could tell she was getting stronger on the inside. The more hate you build for these murderers, the stronger you'll get when you're face to face with them. On the outside, she was broken and weak.

"I need to go to work. I'll see you later."

_____

"Hey, Au— woah, what happened to your face?" Emma pointed out as she walked up to me alongside Noah and Stavo. I looked at the ground, not answering her question right away. I hesitated, looking at Emma. I lightly touched the spot where Harley punched me many times, and I sighed heavily.

"Har... I, uh... I ran into a pole," I answered sadly, knowing that I didn't need them to think Harley was abusive. She was a traumatized girl at the moment and I scared her into hurting me. It was my fault. Emma gave me a sad smile, before paying for their movie tickets and the three were on their way.

My leg began to buzz, indicating that my phone was probably ringing. I expected it to be Harley, but as predicted, it was that infamous unknown number that terrorized us day in and day out. "What do you want," I answered, sternly.

"Mm, you and Harley becoming physical with each other. Not long until you drift apart, and I get what I've always wanted."

"You won't get shit. We may have issues at times but I am not letting you take her away from me," I yelled into the phone, looking like an idiot.

"I am going to finish what was meant to be done a long time ago. All of you worthless bitches, dead, but you just had to keep winning. Not this time."