Nostalgia

December 19 1999

It was a snowy day for the grade schoolers in Clear Fields Elementary. 2nd graders Benjamin and Jeffrey Woods are sitting on the bench on the side of the playground watching the other kids play in the snow . It was always this way at recess , lunch , and in class . They were inseparable . They never spoke to anyone but each other and they enjoyed each other's company and to them they were in their own little world .
"Achoo !" Ben sneezed sounding like a small kitten . "Bless you Ben. Do you wanna go inside ?" Jeff asked sincerely . "Yes." As they got off the bench to go request to go inside , "Ben look out !" As he turned around his face collided with a snowball . He started to tear up as he wiped the ice off his face . When Jeff saw a tear he walked over to the little boy who threw the snowball . "Why did you do that ! He's clearly sick and your throwing snowballs at him ! He wasn't even playing !" Jeff said with a temper . "I'm sorry I threw it at the wrong person ." The little boy said as he started laughing as if it was a joke , but to Jeff , Ben was no joke . "You stupid dummy head !" Jeff screamed as his little 7 year old fist punched the boy in his nose. " JEFFREY STOP ! " Mrs . Holiday screamed leaving Ben to go handle the situation . As Ben watched her drag Jeff away from the boy , thinking to himself how he had the best friend in the world . If he acted like this in 2nd grade how else would he protect him in the future ? As he thought that to himself his tears dried up and a smile formed .

September 26 2004

"Jeff , look it's her ! I can't believe we have the same class this year." Valerie Hernandez was Ben's first crush . It was also Jeff's but his main goal in life was to make sure Ben was happy so he kept it to himself . Valerie was so beautiful . Long sleek and shining black hair , beautiful skin , independent and wasn't like any of the other girls in their school . "Hey guys , how was your summer ?" She said as her smile brightened up the classroom . "Oh you know us , always going on adventures ." Ben said smiling hard and his checks turning to crimson . Jeff rolled his eyes slightly getting annoyed and put his earbud in .

April 2005
"Jeff! " Ben screamed as he ran into the hospital room where Jeff was seen laying in the bed with a wrap covering his face . He had just been in a attack against other boys who were bullying him . " It's best for you to leave and not come back for a couple days . He won't be able to speak to anyone for a while " said the nurse come in after Ben . Jeff had felt for a white board and dry erase marker to use . He wrote out " I'll be fine , go home and don't worry about me :) " A tear dropped from Ben's face as he started to sniffle and he shuffled out of the room shutting the door behind him leaving the nurse and Jeff alone .

Days , Weeks , Months even Years had passed and Ben and Jeff had yet to seen or spoken to each other . Everytime Ben went to the hospital it was the same old same old "He's still in unstable condition " so eventually he just stopped going and moved on .