...And Now for a Less Serious Author's Note

Haha! Sorry about that transcendental thinking. When things are on my mind, it's hard to just hold it in. I do find such ideals appropriate for this story, however!

    By the way, when I said "Storing another general perspective into ones mind is like giving a body another soul. It's as though another person resides inside of you, thinking when you need to think, acting when you need to act.", I didn't mean go eat a philosopher's stone. That's not how it works.

Now that we're on the same page and you somewhat understand my thinking, let me tell you a little more about myself.

I started watching anime towards the end of my freshman year. Something just kinda sparked within me like "Hey! This looks kinda neat! Let's try it!". And I did. And now Kissanime's practically my number one in my favorites list, next to Manganel and Redbubble. It's made me feel things that I'd never thought I'd feel and see things that I'd never thought I'd feel. It's been an interesting ride!
I first started writing fanfiction when I began Doctor Who. I was fascinated by the idea of literal life after death, going on and on. I thought to myself "Wow! What would it be like if I had multiple lives?" I thought up a character and began putting her in every episode I saw! Unfortunately, I didn't get very far. The Daughter of the Universe was only provided with three chapters. I hoped to have gotten further. Someday, I may return to the story. If you'd like to check it out, search GiveThemLove or Daughter of the Universe!

Now, enough about me! What about this story?

Kekkai Sensen, or how I easily remember it, Blood Blockade Battlefront, is about a kid who joins a secret organization that "somewhat" keeps the peace between humans and the "alterworld" beings. The reason for this organization was because three years ago, an incident caused New York City to collapse, pulling it into the "alterworld". As a result, humans and these beings live together. The city runs just like any other. There are jobs, pizza deliveries, parties. The people are the only difference.
I recently started watching this show, and I loved it! While the first season had somewhat of a central plot, most of the series was focused around the team members of the organization. What I liked most about the series was that it was all about the people! Their own lives are not much different than the ones we have. One character specifically (His name's Steven) reminded me very much of my dad! I thought that was kinda funny since my dad's a dork and Steven was kinda of a bad***.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this fanfiction! I had lots of fun with the story, so maybe you will, too. And maybe you'll consider putting yourself  in this story! Wonderful things happen when you become inspired!

-Lauren