Chapter 15

"Hey hey, it's going to be okay. I'll be here for you." Sasuke said, reassuring the blond. He ran his fingers through Naruto's hair to calm the boy down. Naruto fiddled with his fingers as he tried to sort through all the different memories and attempting to piece them together to form some sort of timeline in his own mind. Everything seems so familiar, and yet... it still seems so foreign and strange. He knows it has happened before but in his mind, it seems like he is watching a movie of someone else's life. 

"I know... I know. I just, oh I don't know." Naruto started but doesn't know how to form his thoughts and feelings into a sentence to explain it to Sasuke. 

"It's okay now. Don't stress yourself, it will come to you eventually." Sasuke said when he realized that Naruto can't express what he is feeling very well. The Uchiha made Naruto lie down and rest whilst he went to get the doctor. Sasuke walked outside briskly to look for Tsunade, knowing that she was pretty much one of the only few people around that wouldn't harm Naruto. "Where is Lady Tsunade?" Sasuke asked one of the nurses, he saw the Hokage walking around just before but she disappeared into the crowd.  "Ah! Uchiha-sama!" Sasuke tried not to cringe at her voice, it had been very high pitched and it hurt his ears. "Why do you need her? She's doing her rounds right now." 

"Naruto spoke. I need to talk to the Hokage." Sasuke said, putting on a glare to make her hurry up. When the nurse heard Naruto's name, her mood changed almost immediately. "Oh. That demon. I don't know why you concern yourself so much with that piece of shit. I think you should get rid of it now while it is still weak. I have a vile of viper poi-" she froze immediately when her eyes met those of the Uchiha's which have swirled into his sharingan. He glared at her with so much killing intent that everyone in the area stopped what they were doing. "How dare you!" Sasuke hissed, he wanted to reach over and strangle her but he wouldn't want to dirty his hands by touching this... this vile thing. "It is for the greater good!" She said proudly, still not knowing what she did wrong as she was so deep into impressing the Uchiha with her knowledge and her ability to have access to such poisons. Sasuke clenched his fist tightly, his fingernails digging into the soft flesh of his palm and cutting crescent moons into his palm, causing it to bleed. Sasuke was about to deck her but Tsunade clasped a hand on his shoulder, a signal to tell him that she would handle the situation. He looked at her with a piercing gaze, silently asking her if she heard everything. The blond woman nodded at him, her gaze turning cold and angry when she turned to face the nurse who cowered in her presence. "Tsunade-sama, I was just telling Uchiha-sama that we should strike the demon whilst it is still weak!" The woman said proudly, digging herself a deeper grave. 

"Anbu!" Tsunade barked, making the woman's eyes widened in absolute fear and horror as the Anbu appeared next to her and grasped her arms together. She screamed in shock and confusion about being detained. "WHY?! WHAT DID I DO?!" She screeched as the Anbu dragged her away. Sasuke glared at her till he could no longer see her. He took a deep breath to calm himself, he had gotten so mad. He didn't even know he could get that mad when someone even barely threatens Naruto's safety and wellbeing until now. Che. Dobe... You better get well soon, I want to spend more proper time with you. He deactivated his sharingan as he turned to look at the Hokage. She looked at him and her eyes drifted to his hands where he was slowly releasing his clenched fist. She silently took his hands and healed the cuts. The only evidence left that he was ever injured was the blood that began crusting on his palm. "What were you looking for me for?"

"Naruto spoke." that was all he knew he had to say to get the Hokage sprinting. He smiled when he realized that she was already gone. People do care about you, Naruto... I hope you remember that. Sasuke thought as he made his way back to Naruto's room. He didn't want Naruto getting up and panicking when he only sees Tsunade and the Uchiha nowhere to be seen. He checked in and Tsunade was pouring her relief out to the blond who was sitting there listening. 

"People care about you, Naruto." Sasuke said to the blond once the Hokage left. Sasuke sat on the edge of Naruto's bed and Naruto reached over to hold Sasuke's hand. "I find that really hard to believe, Sasuke." Naruto muttered, looking down sadly. He brought Naruto's hand up to his lips and planted a soft kiss on the back of Naruto's hand. Sasuke felt his eyes water, it hurt him seeing Naruto like this. Naruto was always bright and never gives up no matter what, but now... Naruto was just a broken boy. Naruto is his sunshine, he is Sasuke's beacon of hope. Now, Sasuke will be the beacon of hope and love for Naruto. I need to help him like he helped me. I need to take care of him like he always does whenever I need but refuse to ask for help.