>1< basically one of the boys

"What the fuck makes you think I was asking you?" Michael furrowed his eyebrows, squinting. "Oh please," I smirked, "I know you value my opinion, I'm obviously the most important person here." I laughed, throwing a sickly sweet expression across my facial features, placing my hands under my chin in an attempt to look innocent. I failed miserably as I giggled at my own humor, breaking character.

To be clear, the question that led to this little exchange came from my brother. He wanted to know whether the chicken or the egg came first, and apparently didn't care for my response.

Luke chimed in, "she's right yanno." He was keeping a straight face, "she's clearly in charge here, and we're obviously her bitches." He cracked a slight grin, gesturing to the other three boys.

Michael rolled his eyes, "remind me why we let her hang out with us again?". Luke shrugged and I lightly kicked his foot, which was resting on the coffee table next to mine, while the other leg rested completely stretched out on the floor.

"I think it's because she's a lil' cutiepie, and because she's fun to cuddle." Ashton piped up from the pullout chair across the room from the couch Luke, Calum, and I were sitting on. I cooed, "Aw Ashy, this is why you're my favorite.". My face went flat as I looked to Michael, "not you. I hate you." I fake sassed. He chuckled and approached the couch from behind, ruffling my hair lightly. He leaned against the back of the furniture and rested his chin on my head, "I call bullshit. Earlier when I brought you breakfast in bed you trapped me in cuddles and told me I was the best 'big bubba' ever." He smiled proudly. "Shhh Mikey they can't know that I actually love you, that's not how this works!" I fake-whispered.

Calum finally spoke. "Zoey loves Mikey! Zoey loves Mikey!" He daunted, smirking. "Oh now you decide to speak up?" I rolled my eyes playfully at him. He stuck out his tongue. I crossed my arms and looked at him as Ashton and Luke mocked Michael and I. "Look what you started." I huffed as he hugged me playfully. "You love me. You love us." He grinned widely, knowing I wouldn't deny the fact. "You're all very lucky I do." I chuckled.

This was my life. I had a bit of a rough past with my parents that we won't discuss much. All you need to know is that they made it abundantly clear that Michael was the favorite, and that I was a mistake. Luckily, I have my brother and the other boys. They fill in the gap my parents left, and then some. In contrast to what most might believe, I'm happy things are the way they are. It's because of my parents' ignorance that I've had the chance to bond with my brother and his friends. I think they've accepted me into their circle, I'm basically one of the boys.