Star Trek ( New Years's Eve/ Holidays )

Start from the beginning

" Ok," Uhura looks around the room checking for any last minute things, " you ready to go?" Uhura asks looking at me  wide-eyed.

A devilish smile appears on my face, " of course." Uhura and I link arms before walking out of my apartment door.

------- I promise this chapter has a plot----- Time skip to the party -----------------------

Y/N's POV

" U!" I say grabbing her arm, " I thought you said only some people were coming. The whole ship is here!" I yell, trying to talk over the loud music.

" Well," she says turning away from Spock, "the people who were originally invited, they invited some friends, who invited some other friends." Uhura says pouring herself a drink. 

" Wait" I watch Spock walk away from our conversation, " if the whole ship is here does that mean Jim is here?" I ask her, praying it's a no. 

" Hello ladies," the familiar voice of Jim Kirk chimes from behind me, " couldn't stop talking about me, I see." His classic smirk spreads on his lips.

" And you still couldn't stop interrupting other people's conversations, I see." I send him a sarcastic smile.

" And yet people still wish I would talk to them." Jim leans against the bar.

" If you did, their IQ would drop with every unintelligent word escapes your trouty mouth." I say pouring a drink.

" You know one day L/N, you're gonna regret being so cold to me."  He says looking down at me, his elbow resting on the coated wood of the bar. The blue of his sweater really bringing out his crystal eyes. It's hard not to get lose in Jim's eyes. They're just so vibrant, and layered. It's hard not to stare. Jim was truly made to please the eyes.  His sandy blonde hair moves your mind to a tropical beach just while the sun rises. That's where his eyes tie in. The color of the crystal clear, rich blue were the color of the ocean and his lips could be the light pink of a drink in my hand.

" Ouch, there goes most of my  brain cells." I say taking a sip of my drink, trying to act like I wasn't staring at him.

" One day L/N, one day," he says walking past me pouring himself a drink.  I don't really hate Jim. I just don't like the womanizer part in his personality, but what woman would? If anything, I can't say that I don't not like him. Yeah sure, I like him a little more than just a friend but I know that will never happen. Deep down somewhere I know that there is a kind, and loyal man. Who could actually keep it in his pants. But I guess I'm just not that girl who could bring that out of him.

This is my favorite holiday, I'm not gonna let some guy wreck it. I mentally high-five myself.

" I'm gonna go dance." The song You spin me round ( like a record) comes on by Dead or Alive. This song is one of my favorites.

" May I have this dance?" Jim bows down, holding out his hand.

A small smile appears on my face, " you may." I say taking his hand. Jim pops up in surprise, his eyes wide and his mouth hangs in disbelief.

" Come on," I smile leading him towards the dance floor, shock still evident on his face.

Jim rests his hands on my hips, as I place my hands on his shoulders. A few spins later the song ends just as the clocks strikes midnight, when Jim dips me.  I stare deeply into his ocean blue eyes, I feel Jim's arm tighten around me as one comes up to cup my cheek. My mind was repeating the same sentence over and over again. Don't do this, don't do this. But my heart was beating so loudly I can't hear.  Finally his lips brushed mine.  Not innocently, like a tease but like an inferno, passionate and demanding. My head tells me but I can't. I can no longer think straight.

" Y/N," he whispers slowly, holding onto each letter. I smile, having never felt such a great feeling in my heart. Never has my name sounded so wonderful. Jim and I break away from each other, breathing heavily.

" Wow." Jim looks at me eyes full and full of sincere emotion.

That's when it hits me, " ok yeah good job you won your bet." I say picking up the last bit of dignity I have left and start to walk away from Jim.

" Y/N wait!" Jim tries to run through a crowd of people and eventually makes his way out, grabbing my hand, stopping me.

" Ok yes you won your stupid bet. Aren't you happy?" I ask not leaving his eyes.

" Yes I'm happy that I won the bet, but that's not the important part." Jim says gently grabbing my other hand.  " You're the important part. The only reason Bones made that bet was because he knew I liked you. And I know you probably don't reciprocate the same feelings, but ever since I saw you on the first day we were assigned to the Enterprise, I knew that I needed you, even if you didn't know who I was then. Y/N   M/N   L/N I love you."

" I love you too, Jim." I say cupping his face, kissing him. A huge smile appears on his face.

" Now Y/N will you go on a date with me?" Jim asks adorably.

" Of course." I laugh, as he leans down giving me a kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey this is the rewrite, and sorry for this being late, I've been rly tired and stressed out from school, and I don't have much time to write anymore but I'll try to fit it in more.

Love you all!

READ

COMMENT

VOTE