Acceptance

Vanitas stood against the alley way wall waiting for Jeanne to speak. He was restless. It felt as if hours had gone by even though it was only a second before she began.

"I don't get you, Vanitas." Was how she started. "I love you, even though you have been horrible to me lately, but I have my reasons to like you." She said.

"Yeah, and what are they?" Vanitas said in disbelief.

Jeanne looked at him with a quick hint of shock on her face before she closed her eyes and began, "you said that you can't love someone who loves you back, right?"

"Yeah." He answered.

"Well, maybe it's different if you show someone a side of love and caring. Like you showed me before all this mess happened. I fell for you because of how you treated me. I fell for all of you, Vanitas."

Vanitas was stunned. He never expected for Jeanne to be so straight forward. Yet, he did acknowledge that she did have a point, even though he hated to believe it.

"When ever I'm around you, you always do things that I'll like. You never tried to hurt me, and you even let me mark you. You gave me your everything and always went by my feelings. Not once did I hate the first kiss you gave me or your declarations of love. Well maybe in the beginning I hated the kiss, and I thought the love declarations were weird. But after I got to knowing you, I fell in love."

Vanitas didn't say anything. It was painfully silent for Jeanne as she dared to open her eyes and face Vanitas. A sparkle shown at the base of his eye. Then she watched as it ran down his cheek. It was a tear. Something only Jeanne would ever see.

Vanitas didn't reply back as he grabbed Jeanne by the arm, pulling her in to a tight embrace. He buried his head in the crook of her neck, trying to hide his weaken face.

"....thank you...Jeanne." He whispered as she wrapped her arms around his back, while stroking his long navy blue hair.

"For what? What are you thanking me for?" She asked.

"For loving and accepting me." He answered making a smile come to Jeanne's face, as she cried tears of happiness.