Chapter II: I Can't Imagine Life Without You

Start from the beginning

"That's what I thought."

Pregnancy has made this woman crazy.

7 PM That Night

"Well don't you look davishing Mr. Richardson." Ava complimented looking at me, hungrily while biting her bottom lip.

"Girl you better stop giving me those eyes before I take this suit off and take you back upstairs," I said pulling her into a hug. My hands trailed down to her backside as I admired her outfit. She had on a demure black and white long-sleeved dress and I had to admit, for her being 32 weeks pregnant she was killing it.

"When we return I know something we can do." Ava giggled as she looked at me devilishly.

"I like the sound of that," I said as I grabbed a handful of her chocolate ass.

"Let's go before," she pecked my lips, "we get something started."

"You're right." I chuckled, grabbing the keys and following her out the door.

xxx

After a twenty minute drive, we pulled up to Mamma Maria, an Italian restaurant I read great reviews about. I handed the keys to valet parking and help Ava exit the 2010 BMW 5 Series.

"Ohh, Italian food. My favorite." She sung as the scent of the delicious food hit our noses.

"Mr. Richardson?' questioned the hostess as we approached her.

"Yes," I answered, noticing Ava's confused expression.

"You got us reservations that quickly?" she asked as we were escorted to our seats. I nodded in response. "But how di-". She stopped speaking abruptly when she noticed the set up I had planned.

 She stopped speaking abruptly when she noticed the set up I had planned

"How? What? Who? Why?" she looked around.

"This is sorta like a pre-push gift. A way to show my appreciation for carrying my first child." I said as I pulled out her chair.

"You're going to make me cry." Ava sniveled as took her seat.

"You are so emotional." I teased taking my seat as well.

Ava sucked her teeth. "It is not my fault. Blame it on Jayla." she asserted rubbing her belly.

"No, my baby girl is innocent," I protested.

We ordered some food and continued chatting about the old days and how different life will be once baby girl arrives.

"You are the best. For once I am speechless. You outdid yourself with this one Mr. Richardson." she said glancing around in awe with those big brown eyes I love so much.

"I will travel oceans for you. You deserved this and so much more...Mrs. Richardson," I stated placing my hand on hers.

Her eyes bulged out of her head a bit as she looked at me questionably. Before she could ask me what I was doing, Dontchange began to play as Musiq Soulchild appeared from the back.

🎶 Lately, you've been questioning 🎶

🎶 If I still see you the same way 🎶

🎶 Cause through these trying years 🎶

🎶 We gonna both physically change 🎶

🎶 Now don't you know you you'll always be 🎶

🎶 The most beautiful woman I know 🎶

🎶 So let me reassure you darlin' that 🎶

🎶 My feelings are truly unconditional 🎶

🎶 See I'll love you when your hair turns gray, girl 🎶

🎶 I'll still want you if you gain a little weight, yeah 🎶

🎶 The way I feel for you will always be the same 🎶

🎶 Just as long as your love don't change, No 🎶

🎶 I was meant for you and you were meant for me, yeah 🎶

🎶 And I'll make sure that I'll be everything you need, yeah 🎶

🎶 Girl the way we are is how its gonna be 🎶

🎶 Just as long as your love don't change... 🎶

I exhaled deeply before licking my lips and speaking.

"From the very first day, I saw you I knew you were going to be my wife and the mother of my kids. Your humbleness and eagerness to help others attracted me to you. You have a soul that is pure and sweet. You are my light and it doesn't matter what happens in this life as long as you are with me. I know that there is a God when I look at you. The magnitude of his love is so great that he took the time to make you just for me." I took a breath to prevent the tears from falling. "You held my hand through the darkest of times and encouraged and loved me when I couldn't love myself. You motivate me. You care for me. You are one of a kind." I wiped the tears that escaped from my eyes as I continued. "I love you past my mind, beyond my soul. I love you for my soul and that's the space where only you and God dwell." (A/N: Yall know what movie I got this from?)

I rose from my seat and pulled out a small box that contained a chocolate diamond ring. I got down on one knee and grabbed Ava's hand.

"Oh my god, Taj." she sniffled.

"Ava Layla Dickens, would make me the happiest man in the world by becoming my wife?" I asked.

"Of course!" She kneeled down and kissed me passionately.

"She said yes!" yelled Musiq as confetti and balloons fell from the ceiling. The chef and staff came out and cheered, clapped and congratulated us. I could not stop smiling.

I was marrying the love of my life. I can not imagine life without my Ava.

-

*sips tea*🐸☕

Well, we all know how this fairytale ends. But how did they get there? Stay tuned.

-Nay