~18

Caleb

We watched as Noah and Millie left us. This was going to be the longest we've ever been apart. We used to do everything with each other. He practically lived at my house at one point. But I knew there would be a time when he was going to do something amazing, I just didn't think that time was today. Around me, everyone was crying. Even Gaten, Wyatt, Chosen, and Jermey. I went over to Jaeden and hugged him.

"This is going to be so hard." Jaeden sobbed into my chest.

"I know it will be. It's hard for me too. And he needs to know we'll be cheering him on because it's going to be hard for him too." I reminded the crying blue eyed boy.

"But he's family."

"I know. And family supports each other." I hushed him. We just stood in a hug for what felt like hours but was just minutes. Until we finally pulled apart from each other.

"And family doesn't keep things from each other." I added, looking at Gaten. "And that's why I need to tell you guys something." I paused. Waving for Gaten to come over to me, who admittedly hugged me.

"That's why I should tell you that I'm...that I'm." I tried spitting out, everyone's attention on me.

Gaten put his hand on my and squeezed it.

"That's why I should tell you I like Gaten. A lot." I confessed. I knew they would accept me and all, but my family is very religious. And I knew they wouldn't accept me. I also didn't want to accept myself because then I wouldn't be in the majority. But being with my friends taught me: you don't want to be in the majority. What's the fun in that? Standing out and being in the minority makes you different. And different means special. A good special.

"Welcome to the club." Wyatt chuckled, wiping the tears away from his eyes and hugging me.

I smiled and at least this took my mind off of Noah for a little while.

"Does that mean I can finally ask you out?" Gaten hoped.

"Of course it does." I laughed.

"Well, Caleb, would you like to be my boyfriend?" Gaten proposed, standing on one knee as he took my hand.

"It would be my honor." I accepted.

"I'm-Im going to go home." Sophia announced, still crying.

Chosen looks at her, concerned. He tried running after her but Wyatt stopped him.

"Jaeden, come with me." Wyatt dragged Jaeden after Sophia, who is now running.

There stood Jermey, Gaten, and I.

"So Jermey, are you ready to be a party member?" I questioned, turning the the fairly confused boy.

He nodded his head.

"Well, I have a question." I hesitated.

"What's your past like?" I asked, not really knowing my boundaries.

"My parents separated, all because my father wanted an athletic son. And my mother stood up for me. And they were always fighting and now my moms sad. She won't leave the couch and I know I'm to blame." Jermey shared, looking sad.

"Well, you should know that all of the loser have bad lives. Except for Finn but his stupidness makes up for it." I noted.

"Come come, Jermey you have a lot to learn."

Wyatt

"Sophia!" I screamed out after her, Jaeden trying to catch up behind but me being a football player gave me the advantage.