~9

Jack

We were all in the waiting room except for Gaten and Caleb who had to get all the camping gear. It's all my fault, I was the one who had to go swimming. When I could find the guys, I took my phone from my pocket and called the ambulance only to have him airlifted considering the location.

Finn was in surgery. Finn was in surgery because of me.

Caleb and Gaten came back and eventually, it started to get late. Finn's mother was on her way here from a business meeting all the way in New York.

Caleb and Sophia eventually went home, so did Noah and Millie. Jaeden was passed out on Wyatt and Gaten and Chosen were playing cards. It was kind of them to stay. Jermey eventually found his family.

Finally he came back to me. The nurses told me he was out of surgery the same time is mother came running in. She went to his room while I was stuck waiting because I wasn't allowed in.

After a few minutes, his mother came back out after insisting that everyone but should get some sleep. She explained to me how, although many different drugs are being pumped through him, he needed to see me.

So I followed her into Finn's room. His leg was being elevated and he smiled when I waked in. This only made me feel worse.

"He's okay, right?" I asked his mother.

"Yes, he will be okay. There's still a tiny fragment of glass lodged into his leg and it's a clean break, but other than that, he'll be fine." I let out a breath in relief.

"Jack." Mrs. wolfhard said. I turned to face her.

"Thank you for saving my boy." She smiled.

"What do you mean, I was the one who insisted that we went swimming. It's my fault he's even in the hospital in the first place." I babbled on.

"I'm not talking about camping. In life. He was so sad about moving to Maine and leaving all of his friends but when he met you he was happy and everyday when you'd come over, he wouldn't stop smiling and when you'd leave he was always so sad. You saved him." She clarified. Finn was sleeping during this discussion. He went in and out of consciousness this whole time.

"He saved me. It's the other way around. I've never had a friend like Finn." I explained to her.

Finn began waking up for the fourth time, ending my conversation with his mother.

"Hey, baby." Finn said, only seeing me. Finn's mother's eyes widened and my jaw dropped. He was confused then spotted his mother and sat up.

"Fuck." He whispered.

"Finn, is there something you need to tell me?" She interrogated, crossing her arms against her chest.

I can tell Finn was scared about telling the world who he was even if it didn't accept him. He began tearing up.

"Mom, I-I'm kinda gay." Finn spit out, tears sliding down his face.

Finn's mom pulled him into a tight hug. "Finn you're still my baby boy no matter who you love." She smiled and looked at me and added me into the hug.

I can tell he felt relived but I knew my mom wouldn't accept me like Finn's mother did him.

"So, are you two dating?" She asked like a middle schooler. Finn looked at me and grabbed my hand.

"Yes." He proudly spoke. I smiled and blushed.

"I'll leave you two alone." She smiled at us and left the room.