~8

Noah

"Who are you?" Everyone is shocked. I mean, this boy is covered in mud and blood and god knows what.

"I'm Jermey, I was hiking with my family and next thing I know there's a coyote trying to kill me." After he said that everyone ran to their tents in fear of the rabid animal. But I stayed with him and listened to his story. I decided that he'd stay with us for the night and in the morning he could find his family.

"Hi, I'm Millie." She introduces herself as she slides over to make room for Jermey.

"Sorry to crash your party." He shines away. But Millie places her hand on his shoulder and smiles.

"Bedtime." I announce, going into my sleeping bag.

In the morning Jack woke us all up a seven sharp. We all got dressed in shorts and hoodies since it was rather a chilly morning.

We invited Jermey to join us for breakfast and he gladly accepted. We all ate bagels around the unlit fire. How did you guys sleep?" I asked, being the first to spark any conversation. Everyone just groaned and moaned in response. "Today on our hike we'll help Jeremy find his parents." I announced. Once more, nobody seemed too interested in what I had to say.

We all got our sneakers and hiking boots on and made our way to the woods.

Gaten

I walked beside Caleb as we trailed behind. He was looking at Sophia with big eyes. "So, Sophia," I begin, not knowing if it was my place in the first place. He snaps out of whatever gaze he was in and blushed.

"No, it's not like that." He scratches the back of his neck. "She's a sister to me, you know? But she's not exactly the brightest person I've ever met. She's been hurt before, I can't bare to see it happen again." I nod my head as I listen to whatever he had to say.

These guys were cool. Although what I used to think about them was completely wrong, I'm glad I'm here with them. Having a big group of friends is fun. They're funny and they care about each other. I look at Chosen and I can tell he feels the same way.

"So you guys are really close," he nods his head.

"Most of us met in elementary school. Ever since it just clicked, I guess." He answers. We were behind them by a lot at this point as we walked side-by-side.

"Listen, I feel terrible about what I've done to you guys. At home...it isn't exactly the best place to be ever but that's no excuse. I'm sorry, it was wrong of me and if I could take it all back I would." He stops so I do the same. He places a hand on my shoulder and smiles.

"We're all good, man." And he starts walking again.

I have a huge smile on my face the rest of the day.

Finn

"Can we go swimming?" Jack begs. Jaeden turns around and glares at him.

"Jermey is still lost, we need to get him home." He insists. Jack sighs and I grin at him. I motion towards the lake and his frown is soon replaced with a smile.

With Jaeden, Jermey, and Wyatt up front, having the others see us sneak off doesn't scare me.

We go to the lake and take our shirts off so we're in only our shorts. Jack rushes in first and he winces. "It's freezing." He moans. I jump in, cold doesn't really bother me. I swim up to him and smile. "Finn," he starts. "What are we?"

I bit my lip. I know what I want to be but I don't know who we are. "We're whatever you want to be." I tell him. I pull him closer to me and place my hands on his cheeks.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe we could be like...boyfriends." He's blushing like never before. I use my thumb to trace his lips, my eyes never leaving them.

The water was gentle, there was no noise but the sound of our breathing. Around us was beautiful. We were surrounded by trees and wild flowers. The sky was the perfect shade of blue and the sky shined down on us. It felt as if we were the only two people alive.

"Well then, I guess you're my boyfriend now." My eyes never leave his lips.

"Are you going to kiss me or what?" I finally lift up my gaze and smile. Then I attach our lips. His hands rest behind my neck to deepen the kiss.

We spend the next half our swimming and kissing. But we knew it was time to head back to camp.

It was a steep hill we would have to climb to get back up to the trail. But as I was about to get my grip on a tree branch, it broke, sending me back.

I hit all sorts of rocks and trees, but what hurt the most was the sound of my leg coming into contact with a large tree and the sound or it snapping. I scream and Jack comes running down. What made the situation worse, was the fact a broken beer bottle impaled my leg before hitting the tree, sending it even deeper into my leg.

I winced and bit my lip to contain the cries that want to slip out.

Jack was flustered and panicked. He tried to help me up but his size was no match for mine. "I'm going to find the guys." And then I was alone.

I brought my hand down to my leg only to find blood gushing out of me. That's when I felt my eyes roll back and then everything went black.