Chapter 3 A Trip to Jotunheim

Once Thor was alone in the dining hall, he quickly dismissed the servants. However, his anger continued to grow within him. He turned to the dinner table and flipped it on his back. Sigrid came in, flinching at the sound of the ground when it collided with the floor.

"Seriously?" Sigrid said. She walked over and began picking up the goblets and using her strength to turn the table back on its legs. Loki came from behind a pole sitting and watching Sigrid putting things back on the table.

" It's unwise to be in my company now, siblings," Thor said. Sigrid froze to look at her brother.

This was to be my day of triumph."

"It'll come. In time," Loki said. "If it's any consolation, Sigrid and I think you're right. About the Frost Giants, about Laufey, about everything." Sigrid looked at Loki in surprise, but he gave her a warning look that made Sigrid nod to Thor (but still kept glaring at Loki). Though they loved each other, there were times when Sigrid and Loki didn't trust one another.

"If they found a way to penetrate Asgard's defenses once, who's to say they won't try again. Next time with an army.

"Exactly! "

"There's nothing you can do without defying Father, brother," Sigrid said.

In that moment, the warriors Three and Sif walked into the room to see the food spilt on the table.

"What happened in here?" Volstagg asked. Sigrid gave them a warning look and pointed her brother with her head.

She saw that look Thor had in his eye whenever he was up to something very crazy.

"No! No, no, no, no, no!" Loki protested. "We know that look!

"It's the only way to ensure the safety of our borders!" Thor said.

"Thor, it's madness!" said Loki.

"Madness? What sort of madness?" Volstagg asked.

"We're going to Jotunheim." Thor announced.

"What?" Fandral said. Sigrid prayed thank goodness she wasn't the only one who thought this was a stupid idea. "This isn't like a journey to earth, where you summon a little lightning and thunder, the mortals worship you as a God! This is Jotunheim."

"My father fought his way into Jotunheim. Defeated their armies and took their casket! We would just be looking for answers. "

"It is forbidden!" Sif shouted as Sigrid stood closer to her.

"My friends, have you forgotten all that we have done together?" Thor said. He walked to Fandral and Hogun, eyes focused on them. "Fandral, Hogun, who led you into the most glorious battles?

"You did. " Hogun answered.

Thor looked to the other warriors Three, who was eating something from off the floor.

"And Volstagg, to delicacies so succulent you though you'd died and gone to Valhalla?" Thor asked.

"You did." said Loki.

"Yes!" Thor shouted. He looked to Sif and Sigrid. "And who proved wrong all who scoffed at the idea that a young maiden and a young princess could be one of the fiercest warriors this realm has ever known?"

"We did," Sigrid and Sif said together.

"True, but I supported you both, Sif," Thor said. He turned to look at the Warriors Three, Sif, and Sigrid. "My friends, we're going to Jotunheim."

"Whoa, who hold up!" Sigrid said. Everyone looked at her. "Are you sure that is the right thing to do?"

"Sister, are you the goddess of bravery or not," Thor asked his little sister

"Ill say this once, Thor. There's a difference between bravery and stupidity. And right now, this plan of yours is one of them," Sigrid said, noticing her brother's face falter. "Which is why I can't let you enter Jotunheim if I come with you."

She noted the worried look on Loki's face, like he didn't want her to come on their adventure. Even when they went to battle, Loki always did that overprotective, older brother stuff while Thor led her into certain danger. However, she didn't care what others would think of her by making this decision. no one would.

Sigrid and Thor led their company towards Heimdall. Sigrid had changed from a dress to tunic and boot.

Sigrid immediately regretted making this decision. For being the goddess of Bravery, Sigrid thought she was quite stupid at the moment. She should have been a good sister and stopped Thor. Loki was more open about his love for his sister, since they were inseparable since birth. And Thor, he hardly ever expressed that he loved Sigrid. However, it was clear that he did care and love for her and she the exact same thing. They dismounted from their horses and approached Heimdall, Loki taking the lead. 

"Good Heimdall?" said Loki Sigrid fell out of her thoughts.

"You're not dressed warmly enough." said Heimdall. "Do you think that you can deceive me?"

"You must be mistaken..." Loki. Thor impatiently shouted, "Enough!" Sigrid jumped out of her skin.

"Heimdall, may we pass?" said Thor.

"Never has an enemy slipped my watch until this day. I wish to know how that happened?" said Heimdall.

"Then tell no one where we have gone until we've returned. Understand?"

The others entered the chamber as Heimdall went to where the sword was placed.

"Be warned," said Heimdall. "I will honor my sworn oath to protect this realm as its gatekeeper. If you return threatens the safety of Asgard by Frost, will remain closed to you. And you'll be left to die in the cold waste of Jotunheim."

"Couldn't you just leave the bridge open for us?" said Volstagg.

"No." said Sigrid. Everyone looked at her. "If we do leave the bridge open then the full power of the Bifrost will destroy Jotunheim."

"And with you upon it," Heimdall added.

"I have no plans to die today," Thor said.

"None do," Heimdall informed.He twisted the sword in the stand and thus, the rainbow bridge opened up for them. And they headed to Jotunheim.