'Everything Changes'

Start from the beginning

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Woods

Edward stops by a fallen tree and turns to Bella. "We need to leave Forks."

Bella looks to him in shock. "What? Why?"

"It's time. Carlisle supposed to be ten years older than he looks, people will start noticing."

"But... when?"

"Now" Bella reels, trying take it in.

"I'll have to think of something to tell Charlie, and I will have to grab Athena's things but I can be ready-"

"Not you. Us." Bella looks to him stunned.

"What? - no - Edward, what happened with Jasper - that was nothing."

"Nothing compared to what could happen. You don't belong in my world." No emotion shows on his face. Bella tries to wrap her head around it.

"I belong with you-"

"You don't-"

"I'm coming-"

"I don't want you to come!" Edward yells out. Bella is stung by his words.

"You don't... want me?"

"No"

Bella steps back. Trying to understand. "I'd like to ask one favour though." Bella looks up to him in hope but it disappears when she hears his next words.

"Don't do anything stupid or reckless - do you understand? For Athena and Charlie's sake. Just... take care of yourself and Athena."

"I... yes... I will." Edward face soften ever so slightly that Bella doesn't see it.

"Don't worry. You're human. Time heals all wounds for your kind. Particularly if you're not reminded."

Bella starts looking to him desperately. "No, this is - don't do this. Please."

"Try to understand. Every second with you is about restraint. You're too fragile. I'm tired of pretending to be something I'm not. Refining myself in so I can be with a human."

Bella starts yelling at him. "Then take my soul. I don't care! I don't want it without you-" Edward talks to her sharply.

"You're not good for me, Bella. I've let it go on too long. I'm sorry."

Tears sting Bella's eyes. He steps forward and kisses her head. She closes her eyes.

"I promise, it will be like I never existed. Goodbye, Bella."

When she opens her eyes, he's gone. Bella starts running in the direction she believe he went, she goes deeper into the woods. Bella trips and falls, she doesn't stand but curls into a ball, not moving.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Swan House

Half the town stands in front of the Swan House, a rescue party is formed. Charlie holds a crying Athena, trying to calm her down. He stands with his best friends Billy Black and Harry Clearwater.

"I'll call the Cullen's again. Her note said she and Edward went for a walk." Billy looks up to his friend.

"They left town. Charlie" Charlie bounces Athena up and down, Jacob sees her and walks over, he looks to Charlie.

"You want me to take her?" Charlie nods and hands over Athena to Jacob before focusing on the map laid across his car hood.

Jacob walks a few feet away before looking down to Athena. "Hey, short stack." She looks up to him with tears run down her chubby cheeks. "She will be ok, your mummy's strong like that."

Athena let's out a little sniffle. "You think so?" Jacob nods in confidence. "I know so." A smile spreads across her face and puts her tiny arms around his neck to hug him.

Jacob looks to the edge of the woods and a Quileute named Sam Uley walks out with Bella in his arms.

"Charlie!"

Charlie looks and bolts to her, he gets to them, wraps his arms around her and lifts her from Sam's arms.

"Thank you, Sam. Thank God."

Charlie carries Bella to the house. Harry and Billy give Sam a nod of praise and gratitude. Jacob carries Athena and walks along side Charlie, peering at Bella in worry. Feeling eyes on him, he slows down and turns to see Sam staring at him.

Athena looks where Jacob does to see Sam looking from Jacob to her, she gives shy wave. Sam smiles and waves back before disappearing into the woods. Jacob continue on inside.

Charlie carries Bella up the stairs. "What were you thinking, baby? Why were you out there?"

"He's... gone." Bella mumbles out through the chitter chatter of her teeth. Charlie lays Bella on her bed and wraps her in blankets. Charlie walks out of the room and closes the door, he turns to Jacob and sighs, taking Athena out of his arms.

"Thanks Jake, for calming her down."

Jacob shrugs. "It was no big deal, I love looking after her." Charlie sighs.

"Well I'm going to head off to bed, I will see you later Jake."

Charlie walks further down the hall and to his bedroom with Athena, this will be the first night where things change for the worst.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Hey guys, I hope you have enjoyed this chapter, if so than please leave a like or comment and if you want more than please follow me for more future stories.

Also check out my other books: The Crazy Life- Vampire Diaries and Life Isn't So Simple With Her

Disclaimer - I do not own Twilight but I do own Athena Swan so no Stealing or copying please