Page 13: Love Through a Mirror || (Damien x Reader) ✔

Edited

Warnings: Angst

Readers p.o.v

I sighed.

It was another boring day. I just finished breakfast and once again I had nothing to do. I'm not the type of person to go out and start partying with friends.

I prefer staying inside but being alone has its ups and downs. And one of them happens to be being unable to share the sweet silence with or another downfall is the fact I have no one to read with. I mean they don't even have to have the same IQ as me and to be honest I rather have it like that I mostly love teaching.

After cleaning up the kitchen and washing the dishes I went back to my room by my window. There was a sitting area that's a small bookshelf next to it with a mirror in between. Even though I finished every book in the library I like to come back to a few once in a while.

Sitting down I carefully chose a common book that I enjoy reading and probably one of the only books that don't involve science or any form of learning it was a romance novel a girl could dream.

I moved my chair to sit an angle away from the mirror I prefer to sit over here because it was the perfect amount of sun and shade as I continue to read I heard a slight movement. I looked around the room, knowing that I was the only one inside this house it scared me, to know there was a noise that was not made by me.

As I looked towards my sitting area I saw something in the mirror... No- it was a person?

But seeing that it wasn't my reflection I panicked and jumped on the other side of my bed an attempt to get away but before I can rush out the room it called to me

"Wait! I'm not going to hurt you..." The person in my mirror said.

Still frightened I tried to get an illusion that this is just a dream and that I'm going to wake up soon but after several minutes I didn't wake up I even pinch myself a few times.

Nothing.

Giving up and just hoping whatever this person wanted no longer had a care and left.

Timidly looking over my bed I was wrong they were still there and instead of standing like before the person who I can now see was male was sitting down waiting patiently.

Seeing me he gave a small and kind smile seeing as I'm not panicking I could get a better look at him he had orange hair and purple eyes but at first what scared me was a fact he wasn't human he had black horns and black markings on his skin and from the waist down. And seeing as the most likely couldn't get out the mirror I gain more confidence to walk over doing so I sat back down in my seat.

"Um...hi?" I spoke seeing as it would be rude for me not to and the fact the silence is killing me.

He chuckled softly "Hello"

Looking everywhere but his beautiful violet eyes I got curious "So..uh...how did you get into my mirror?" I spoke quickly glancing at him

"I could say the same thing...but to answer your question I found it in the trash when I was looking around, and I just recently was able to have a room and I thought it looked nice so I put it in here." He paused

"Then I saw you reading and I wanted to know what the book was about so I tried to quietly go in starting with my hand and as you could see it didn't work..."

I thought for a moment I have a mirror that's able to see into another world and I got it at a garage sale.

"So what's your name?" I asked to see that we wouldn't be able to ignore each other

"M-my name?" He thought for a moment "You can me...Damien"

Damien, I like it.

"Well, Damien... I'm (Y/n)"

"(Y/n)" he smiled "That's a pretty name" I blushed lightly.

We talked for hours, as he told me about his family and informed me of the wonders of magic. It was very intriguing, and of course, in exchange, I told him about the human world from sweets and food to places and clothes.

This when on for weeks Damien would only leave to go hang out with brothers and eat when I had to sleep or go somewhere.

Though one day Damien wasn't talking but instead he was crying in the corner as a child would after having a nightmare. He won't talk to me, let alone look at me he wouldn't even answer the door for his brothers who knock on it every day.

This one on day after day after day every time I would tell him reassuring words and though I don't know what happened I can only assume the worst.

But one day he was willing to talk. He told me what happened with his mother and that she killed herself. But I had to be strong for his sake. After a while, he started to get better.

A few more months maybe even two years Damien told me that he and his brothers were going to the human world and the first thing he wanted to do when he got there was find me.

So a few minutes before they left he broke the mirror on his side though it didn't affect anything on mine.

He picked up a small yet large piece of glass and I was able to see him through it and he was still able to see me.

He wrapped tape around the edges so he wouldn't cut his fingers while holding it and was able to break a long yet small enough piece of the borders of the mirror to make a handle. Now he could carry me everywhere.

It was the start of something new.

Another year passed and in that year I was able to meet his brothers and see Damien in his glamour form. He looked adorable. We even told each other the "L" word I love you.

One day though the guy that helped bring them to the human world died and sent them a letter to go to his old house. And through all this not once has Damian let go of the handle of the mirror he used to see me...Well of course unless he had to go somewhere I wasn't able to like the bathroom or something he would give it to Matthew or James.

But on the way there someone started shooting at them they were able to get to safety and the house. But then they met a girl and after that Damien stopped talking to me for a while. A long while. He kept the makeshift mirror inside a drawer under some other stuff.

After a while, I give up on waiting but I still wonder what happened.. until one day.

I was reading when I heard talking coming from the mirror, I wasn't in front of it though I could still see the drawer that the on the other side opened and the girl from the first time was holding it.

"Hey, Damien why do you have broken glass in your room?" She said as Damien walked up to her

"I can't remember...but I know it's important"

He doesn't remember me

"But I guess we could throw it away if it was important I would have remembered what it was," He said kissing the females cheek and tossing piece of glass the trash where it accidentally broke in half losing the last bit of magic it had for me to see through, my mirror was now just a plain mirror.

What happened Damien?