There was the same uncomfortable whooshing feeling of Side-Along Apparition, and Amisty stumbled away the second they reached their destination, wanting to regain her composure before they saw her again.

"Follow me, you two," Mrs. Malfoy called, and she led the way toward the entrance of the Ministry. Amisty was so nervous she hadn't even noticed Draco was still holding her hand.

They entered, and she was almost entirely overwhelmed. There was too much, too much there. Music, conversations, dancing. It was mellow, yes, but there was so much of it.

She was considering turning on her heel and walking out. Until Draco tugged her inside, keeping her close, and she was in the middle of it all. It didn't take very long for Mrs. Malfoy to leave them, wandering off to go join in conversation between a group of smiling witches.

Amisty couldn't but notice the smiles didn't reach their eyes.

"Are you okay?" Draco whispered in her ear, squeezing her fingers in a reassuring way.

"It's..." Her voice trailed off, eyes scanning the room nervously, "it's just... a lot to take in."

"Here," He wound his arm around her waist gently, guiding her off toward a table of girls around their age.

There were three of them in total, eyes lighting up in recognition at the sight of Draco.

He pulled out a seat for her and she sat down, wincing at the fake sounding, high pitched laughter coming from across the room, and he claimed the seat next to her and clasping their fingers underneath the tablecloth.

"Hello, Draco!" One of the girls beamed, her blonde hair curled at the bottom and blue eyes sparkling.

Pearl earrings peeked out from behind her hair, and her crimson nails, the same color as her dress, tapped the edge of the table.

It was Eleanor Wind, Amisty shared dorms with her. They hadn't talked much, as Eleanor spent most of her time with Parvati and Lavender. That, and she harbored a rather large hatred against Harry, Hermione, and all of the Weasleys.

Not exactly someone Amisty would click with.

"Who's your friend."

Amisty couldn't help but notice her eyes had hardened slightly at the word 'friend.' She bit back a sharp retort, knowing full well Eleanor knew who she was.

If Draco felt the tension he didn't let it show, "This is Amisty River, Eleanor, she's in your House."

"Ah, sorry," She smiled at him, not even sparing her another glance. "I must have missed seeing her around."

"I'm right here," Amisty piped up, her eyes narrowed and her voice a bit harsher than she intended. "I'd appreciate if you wouldn't talk like I wasn't."

Eleanor looked as if she had been slapped and sat back in her chair heavily, blue eyes flashing.

The corner of Draco's lip twitched and he squeezed her hand, but other than that his expression remained impassive.

One of the other girls, her shiny brown hair tied up in an elegant braid, started laughing quietly.

She was very pretty, too, a smattering of freckles on her nose and her light blue eyes sparkling. Her dress was a pale shade of green, vines and flowers accenting the bottom. A silver hippogriff hung from around her neck, rabbit earrings dangling from her ears.

It reminded Amisty very much of Luna, which helped with her nerves a bit.

"Hi, I'm Evelyn Daye," The brunette smiled shyly, extending a hand over the table. "Please call me Evie, though."