xxviii

i placed our suitcases in my mom's car. my mom decided to give the car for chaerin's family to use, since chaerin's car is the only ride they have.

chaerin talked about it to her parents, and they said they would feel bad about it, but since we're leaving by plane, there was no other choice. we cleaned the car and everything before our exams started.

i closed the trunk of the car and we all started to hop in. it was me, my mom, chaerin and yugyeom.

yugyeom was dead silent ever since this morning, and has not spoken a word ever since.

as my mom pulled up the car, i looked at our house one last time. we see the "for sale" sign that's placed on the lawn, and we stared to drive away.

i check the clock of the car, reading 16:15 on the clock. we have to drive to incheon airport, since we live near there. we wanted to be there early because of going through security and taking long walks to find our flight room.

i suggested to play some music and we can all sing for the last time since yugyeom, chaerin and i have a passion of music.

and throughout the whole ride, we all sung together, sometimes being extra depending on the song.

one day, we will be like this again. when i come back to south korea..

[...]

we arrived to the airport and we had to say our goodbyes outside because we arrived a little later than we should have. there were a couple of traffic jams when we got to incheon.

i took out my mom and i's suitcases and i gave chaerin and yugyeom hugs one last time. we all started crying, and i felt like i didn't want to leave south korea anymore. i feel like staying here.

but i felt like it was best leaving. i wanted to choose this path for my future.

"don't forget to call me, you guys. it's now summer, so we can finally talk and video chat whenever we feel like it!"

"yeah..but it wouldn't be like how we used to hangout.." yugyeom said as he sniffling from crying.

"i know..but we can still keep in touch."

"we'll miss you, [name]. when you come back, i'll make sure that you'll have a really fun trip with us!" chaerin exclaimed.

"of course!! i'll see you guys sometime!" i say as i hugged them again. i stepped back as my mom gave chaerin the car keys, and we stepped inside the airport.

a few minutes later, chaerin and yugyeom left and we started to get our tickets and go the security check.

when i got into the plane, i'll be listening to music and do some songwriting.

i already know what to write on my book now. missing people you love, yet leaving to where your path takes you.

i'll always miss everyone i met over there.

[...]

-----
| 재범 - jaebum |

재범:
have a safe flight!..

-----