I stare at him momentarily, thinking about how life would be if we make it out of this place alive. Can Jason & I start back from where we left off? Can we pretend like none of this ever happened? Like he didn't walk out of my life—not one but two times? Can we move on? I wish I was an optimistic person, however; I know this place has had a toll on him. As much as he likes to pretend he's ok—no one can tolerate such as abuse physically & mentally and simply be fine.

I pull out a handgun, walking over to him. He eyes me closely. He reluctantly takes it from my hand. I guess he never imagined that I'd ever be handing him a gun. The roles have reversed—but only for tonight. Sadly, I'm not the same person he fell in love with years ago. People change, grow, evolve for the worst or better. Hopefully he's able to look past that and love me for who I become. I was able to.

Once he's done getting fully dressed, I use the badge to scan the cell door open. The halls are quiet—too quiet. If we get out of here alive, it would honestly be a miracle. Apart of me is disregarding my life, just to get Jason out of here. I have come to a point where I've stopped worrying about living. I'm simply in the moment, knowing at any minute I could come face to face with Death.

"Are we still linking up?" I ask, hoping that Zayn or Matt is on the line. I forgot I had my ear piece in. How much of our conversation did they hear? The original plan was after we get Jason out of his cell, we'd meet up with Zayn & Matt. But since we have less than 1o minutes to be on the opposite of this building, everything suddenly changes.

"No. Just try to get out of there. Now." Matt says. His words sends shivers down my spine. We quicken our pace down the hall. We were able to move swiftly, without being heard because the place became noisy all of a sudden. At a certain time of the night, the building starts to become "alive". Zayn was right, the perfect time to do illegal activity is at night.

"Hey! You!" A loud voice is heard behind us. I turn back, noticing Jason is already aiming at the guard. He quickly pulls the trigger, shooting the guard in the chest. His body drops to floor, but he wastes no time fumbling for his walkie-talkie. Even when they're on the verge of death, they still use their last bit of life to ensure the wellbeing of this sick place. I stop running, walking up to his body, grabbing the device from his belt. Lotus is far ahead, but Jason had slowed down his pace in order to wait for me.

We take a sharp turn down a hallway, eventually catching up to Lo.

"Since this place is under breach. I don't think we will be able to use the elevator to get to the first floor easily." Lo says, while trying to catch her breath. She leans on the wall, running her fingers through her hair.

It's only a matter of time till they have every single guard chasing after our asses around this building.

"So you're suggesting the stairs." I ask dramatically. She can't be serious.

"Lo, we're on the highest floor. We'd never make it." Jason says, highlighting the obvious.

"If we get in an elevator, there are going to be tons of guards waiting for us on the opposite side." Lo says.

Great.

"We'll use the elevator to get to the 20th floor. Locate the staircase on that floor. Then use it until we've reach the first floor. Then use the back exit to get out of here." I suggest. There's no way we'd make it out of this place alive—with Jason, running down forty flights of stairs.