The Morning After

You woke two days later in your room tucked in bed. You look up to your digital clock to see it was around five in the morning. Lowly you groan and yawn. You slide out of bed and find your way to the kitchen. There, the place was silent and empty. Guess all the mercs were still asleep. You waddle up to the sink and soon realized how small you actually are. Your head just barely peeks over the counter. With ease, you jump up onto the counter and start looking through the cabinets for a cup of some sort. After a good minute or so, you find the cups and got yourself some water. It felt nice to have your thirst quenched. Now the other problem you still need to fix is your cleanliness. Six days, about to be seven, of being in the same clothes with no shower. This is a nightmare! You put the cup away in the sink and trudge around the base again. Scout did tour you around the whole base but like before, you forgot every inch of this place. As you searched for the shower rooms, yes the whole place only had one giant shower room, no individual rooms for each person, you saw the bedroom doors for Pyro, Heavy, and Soldier. How you knew it was them was because of their class symbols are above the door. About ten minutes of walking around the base at five thirty in the morning, you finally found the shower room. It's not the first time you have been in the shower room. It's just the first time you took a shower in the morning where with out a doubt, a merc could wake. You sigh in defeat slightly but this was not going to stop you from taking a shower! So you go to the cabinets next to the row of sinks, grab a clean towel and head to one of the shower stalls. After a quick five minute shower of panic washing, afraid of waking one of the men. Once you were wrapped up in one towel and drying off it dawned upon you that your only clothing was the dirty ones you have worn for six days. There is no way in hell you are wearing any of those clothes! So you came up with a plan. You will take a bunch of towels and wrap yourself up to the point where you become a towel ninja! You grabbed a shit ton of towels and wrapped yourself up, all your limbs. The plan was ready, fully covered and tied up to stay together. No time for a motivational speech, it is already six fifteen in the morning. With that you grabbed your dirty clothes and you were off! Sprinting down the halls as fast as your wet little legs could carry you. For sure though you passed Sniper who tried to say hi but stopped saying anything once you sprinted past him, leaving a towel behind with a trail of small water droplets. By the time you reached your room you were down to two towels and you were completely out of breath. Due to the bullet wound you were severely out of shape. You slam the door and lock it tight. Now that you air dried yourself from the shower rooms all the way to your room, you would be perfectly fine to put on new clothes. You slipped on a whole new pair of clothing entirely. When you were living in Sniper's trailer, you switched out between the clothes you had originally in your duffle bag. But these new clothes were awesome! A red silk shirt with black sweat pants fit you perfectly. Once you were fully dressed and ready to do something else a knock came from your door.
" Eh (y/n)? Wha are you doing?" Sniper's voice comes from behind the door. You walk up to the door and open it to see him standing there looking down at you.
"I took shower. Now I am clean." You run and jump onto your bed, leaving the door open for Sniper. He steps in and cracks the door.
       "You left a trail of water down the hall." Sniper sighs and shakes his head. "Either way, come on ankle biter. The team has told me to come get you." Sniper turns and waits for you at the door. You sat up on the bed and looked to him.
"Everyone's awake? But I was up not to long ago and no one was awake." You slide off the bed and walk past Sniper. It's almost like your child mode just got switched off and you were now in adult mode. Sniper quickly caught up to behind you and started walking you to the conference room.
        "Oi don't know if you have seen the team lately, but non' of 'em have gotten a good noights rest in awhile." You look down to the floor and slow your pace to a stop. "...... (Y/n)?...... You ok?" Your brain hade flat lined for a moment. You turn to Sniper and look him in the eyes. "I have seen. But why don't all of you just abandon the base, the job, the whole state of New Mexico. Lay low for a bit and get a job less dangerous." Sniper's eyes widen a bit under his aviators. In that second they fall back down though.
        "We 'ave thought of that. But if oi did that then they would kill us all off one by one. The Blue's maybe losing these battles but it's only because oiur team worked together. That and you saving us all the toime." You nod in agreement to that statement. With that, you fallow Sniper into the conference room. There, the whole team sat at a round table. Spy at the front standing with files on the table. The rest of the team filled down by the sides of the table. The rest of the team was sat down, and all of them were drained. Spy spoke up over the silence after your entrance.
       "(Y/n). It's about time we all talked to 'ou." Spy looked down at you and let out a puff of smoke. Sniper urged you forward and sat you at the other end of the table from Spy in a chair where when you sat down your head was the only thing above the table's level. " 'Ou might want to take a look at this." Spy slide a vanilla folder to your end of the table. With ease, you caught the file. Before opening it you looked to all the men. Some turned away from your gaze; Engie, Pyro, Heavy, Medic, Scout, and Sniper. As of the rest of them, they met your gaze. Spy above them all was studying you intently as you opened the file. You stared down at the white paper, reading through with care. By the time you finished reading, the whole team was looking at you. Waiting for your reaction. Slowly you close the file and sit there for a moment.
      "Why.... the hell.... do you have this?" A fire relit in your soul. Tears pricked the edges of your eyes. Why did they have this?....