Day 9: Newfoundland

Start from the beginning

"I am not letting you quit DJ, and Kaylub is here, so I'm not letting my team lose because of him."

"All I want to do is drift along and loses. I'm sick I have a cough." He coughs a bit as I look down.

"You can thank me later."

"I don't want to hurt one more little animal, okay? I just want to go home." Then the song bell rings as I smile.

"DJ if you don't sing you're automatically disqualified." I tell him as he smiles at me.

"You're right. I'm not going to sing, so I can go home. Start the music." The music starts.

Alejandro: We're heading down to Newfoundland, that rocky eastern shore!

Owen: I'll have the shrimp, mussels, cod, and the lobster thermidor!

Gwen: I can't get a thing to bite, so we better get there first!

Courtney: Row harder, faster, both of you. For the win, work up a thirst! Stroke, stroke, stroke!

Heather: It's a sea shanty, and it's darn catchy! Yes! Go on, DJ, your turn! (DJ silently shakes his head.)

Tyler: Izzy, you're a nut-bar, but you sure can catch a fish!

Izzy: Thanks, there, B'y, you're right kind to my partner, he's Irish.And if you want the next drill, he's all yours!

Cody and Sierra: Trying our best, Courtney, our arms are getting fried!

Gwen: Courtney, do you see?

Courtney: Could it be? Steer hard starboard side!

Kaylub: It's a sea shanty, and it's darn catchy!

DJ: No, you can't catch me, with a sea shanty!

I shake my head as DJ realizes that he sang and Heather cheers. While Heather drives I chat with DJ while trying to catch fish.

"Wait so you think you're cursed from a Egyption mummy dog you touched while we were in Paris which was literally one flight ago?"

"Well, when you say it like that..."

"Also all the incidents your describing were all accidents. Your eyes were frozen shut and the panda was just naturally aggressive. The bird was fine, the goat was fine, many other animals you came into contact with are fine." He nods then points out the iceberg we're heading for. We nearly run into an Iceberg. After clearing the first one, Heather maneuvers us out of the way of a few more before we land on shore. 

"We're alive, you saved us Heather," DJ said as I nodded getting up.

"Now will you be in an alliance with me?" I knew there was a catch. I thought as Team Chris arrived.

"Well played ambitious one." Alejandro said as his team rows to shore.

"We beat you, we beat them." Heather cheered as I raised a brow about to point out the fact that our whole team wasn't there, but then Chris comes in with a jetpack.

"With an out of nowhere, come from behind finish. Team Victory is first." Chris said.

"I just cannot lose." DJ complained as I patted his back.

"Heather and Kaylub on the other hand seem to be missing the rest of their team." Chris said as Heather looked around.

"Where are they?" Heather complained as I shrugged. We then move around a table.

"Okay, everybody, It's time for the next leg. Since Team Amazon were the big losers, they're out. They have to clean the fish and the lobsters the other teams brought in, and shuck these giant clams." I shrug again okay with the idea of cleaning.

"When the whole team gets here you mean right?" Heather asked.

"Yeah, but you two are here."

"Not as a team, we're just here as us."

"I'm here as a guy who's hosting a swanky beach shindig in a couple of hours. Which he needs some clean and beautiful atlantic clams for. Shuck em up sister." He flings one at Heather as its juice got all over her face. I couldn't help but giggle a bit.

"My team is going to pay." I shrink back a bit. "Well except for you." She said looking at me.

"I thought the team who brings in seafood gets a special reward." Alejandro brings up.

"You do, you get to watch these two shuck clams. How's that for a special reward?" He said chuckling.

"Fair enough." Alejandro says as Heather growls. We begin to shuck the clams and clean the other seafood as Heather mumbles to herself.

Heather left to go spy of the competition as I continue to work. She then returns to my side with a jug of Vinegar. I tilt my head confused by it. Then DJ comes out. "Hey, DJ, I've been looking for you."

"I told you I'm not joining any alliance." He coughs.

"That is not what this is about. I swear. I just want to give you this herbal drink for that horrible cough of yours." She holds up the jug of vinegar.

"Why do you care so much anyway?"

"Hey, I saved us from the iceberg didn't I? I care. Now you have to chug the whole thing." She hands him the jug as I stand up.

"Man this cough is getting really annoying. Aight here goes nothing." He raises the jug to his lips.

"Wait that's vin-" he drinks it all down. "-egar." I say as he starts to choke on the drink rushing back to the building with Heather following behind. I sigh. Poor DJ. I think before getting back to work on the cleaning of the seafood.

Alejandro comes out and messes with some cod as I see him holding a marker. I want to question him, but he looks at me in a way that makes me look away flustered. He chuckles before coming over and ruffling my hair. I blush getting back to work focusing intently on the fish.

I finish cleaning and decide to pop in on the others seeing as Heather never returned to help with the cleaning. I see fish with an Egyptian symbol on them. 

"Hey, DJ, the fish have an Egyptian symbol written on them. Maybe they can help out with the curse?" I joke as he looks towards me.

"True, okay, I'll kiss the fish." I widen my eyes as I back out of the room. I will never be unable to see Tyler and DJ kissing fish. I shake my head as my team arrive.

"Right on time, Team Amazon, you are today's full-on, big time, can't get any bigger losers." I hear Chris say as I go over to check on the seafood.

It was an award challenge and DJ gained a fish friend named Irieen. Team Chris and DJ enjoyed clam chowder as I sat outside. I notice Alejandro dump out fish that all have the mark on them and saying stuff that make me shiver. He did something didn't he. I catch eyes with Alejandro as he winks to me and holds a finger to his lips. He then vanishes back into the cabin. Chris  then appears and does his outro as I watch before he smiles towards me causing me to blush.