Chapter 4

When Morgana got back to her room Merlin was in a deep sleep and looked paler than he normally did. Gwen and Gaius were both sitting by his bedside talking. They stopped when she walked in.

"How is he?"

"Asleep," said Gaius. "I have yet to figure out what happened to him."

"Should I go and get Arthur?" asked Gwen.

"No," said Morgana. She walked over to her dresser and laid her cloak on the back on the chair before turning around to see their expressions. "Arthur will be asleep and he will need to be rested for tomorrow. I will inform him in the morning."

"Would you like for us to move him for you Morgana? So that you can get back to bed?" asked Gwen.

"It's no bother to me, especially with what has happened to him." The pair looked at her confused. "Where do you think he will want to be when he wakes Gaius? Where will he feel most safe."

"Honestly, the first place would be with Prince Arthur, but since we can't wake up the crown prince in the middle of the night..." Morgana stiffened but neither of them noticed. "I think we better take him back to his room, in my quarters."

"Lets get to work then," said Morgana and rolled up her sleeves. Gwen smiled at her.

It took a while but eventually they were able to get Merlin back to his room. All throughout the trip he moaned and thrashed in his sleep. "The last time he was like this was when he saved Arthur's life," said Gwen. "When he drank the wine that was going to kill Arthur."

"Stay with him Gwen," said Morgana. "I'll manage for the night. I doubt that I can even get back to sleep. As for both of you. Neither one of you is to come in for work tomorrow. Merlin needs you more than we do right now."

So this one was kinda short. I'm sorry but I felt like here was a good place to leave off. Thoughts about the characters so far? What do you guys think of the Lady Morgana? Do you think she is playing them or do you think she actually cares for Merlin, despite all that he has done to her.