Chapter 16: I'm nothing without you

Aria's Pov:
I broke up with Jacob a week ago and he hasn't stopped calling me and texting me. I never answered him because I didn't want to hear what he had to say.
I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss him because I do. He should have thought about what he was doing. He blew me off to hangout with his friends. I completely understood that he wanted to hangout with his friends it's just the fact he lied to me. Not once but twice. Hadn't he remembered what I went through with my ex. He gave me trust issues. He didn't even care did he?

Then I heard my the doorbell ring. I walked down the stairs and expected it to be Jacob begging for my forgiveness or something but it was Shawn. Why was he here? "Hi Aria" he says hugging me tight. "Hey" I say back. "Listen, I'm sorry about your relationship and how it didn't work out with Jacob" he says. I invited him inside and we both sat on the couch. "It's okay but it's just that he lied to me. I can't deal with all the lies all over again" I explain.

"Don't you love him? don't you miss him?" he questioned me. "Of course I love him. I miss him a lot too." I admitted. "Jacob hasn't been the same. He's really sad and he doesn't care about much besides you. Look, I haven't known him long but he's a good kid and when he says he cares he means it a 100%." Shawn says to me. "But, I don't know if I can do it" I say.

"Aria, you shouldn't give up on him" I looked down because I know Shawn's right. This is the first time Jacob has ever messed up and I completely shut him down. But I can't forgive me I don't know I just can't. "Did Jacob send you?" I ask. "No I felt bad for Jacob and saw how he's been and I wanted to come and talk to you" He tells me.

Jacob's POV: I miss Aria more than ever, I messed up. I love her and I'm not giving up on us. To get my mind off things a little I started playing my guitar. I began playing this melody I've been thinking about. I wrote a few words right after mine and Aria's breakup.

I started to sing Lately I've been thinking, thinking about what we had. And I know it was hard, it was all that we knew, yeah. Have you been drinking, to take all the pain away? I wish that I could give you what you deserve. Cause nothing can ever, ever replace you. Nothing can make me feel like you do, yeah. You know there's no one, I can relate to. I know we won't find a love that's so true

There's nothing like us. There's nothing like you and me. Together through the storm. There's nothing like us. There's nothing like you and me together, oh I gave you everything babe. Well, everything I had to give. Girl, why would you push me away? yeah. Lost in confusion, like an illusion. You know I'm used to making your day. But that is the past now, we didn't last now. I guess that this is meant to be yeah. Tell me, was it worth it? We were so perfect. But baby I just want you to see (yes, this is a Justin Bieber song.)

"That's a great song" a voice behind me says. It was Shawn. "I talked to Aria today ya know" he tells me. my eyes widened. "Really?" I ask. "Yeah, she still loves you and she misses you. You do have a chance with her." he says. "She'll never forgive me did she see her reaction? wait can you get Aria to come here? If I tell her to come here for me she won't come" I say. Shawn smiles at me. "Yeah, I'll try but if she gets mad at me I'm coming for you" he laughs.

Aria's POV: a couple hours later my doorbell rang again. It was Shawn he was back again. "Hey Aria" he says. "I wanna show you something" he tells me. "Okay.." I say confused. I got with him in the car kinda nervous and curious.

A few minutes later we were at the magcon house. Really? I should have known. "What's going on?" I ask Shawn. "Nothing, just follow me" he says and we walk inside to the music room. There I saw Jacob playing his guitar. Shawn smiles and leaves me alone with Jacob. I start to head for the door. "Wait! Aria" Jacob says to me. I stopped and turned around.

"Aria I'm so sorry. I know you don't wanna hear that but I am. I love you too and I really miss you. I'm sure you hate me and I hate me too for lying to you. Without you I'm not the same. I called you and texted you to try to talk to you but you never answered. I'm just so sorry. But, Aria I can't live without you I'm serious. And I wrote another song about you. you've been the only thing on my mind I love you." I gave him the chance to talk.

Jacob walked closer to me and grabbed my waist with one of his hands and caressed my cheek. He's so close to me, but I didn't care. I wanna be close to him again. "Please forgive me" he pleads. He sounded so desperate but I didn't wanna admit but I wanted and needed him too. "Yes, baby I forgive you" I finally said. He smiles and kisses me "I missed you" he says. "I've missed you too" I let slip my lips.