Colours - Elorcan Soulmate AU

I'm so sorry for not updating for ages, I've been really busy as I've started Yr8 at school and haven't had much inspiration or time to write. I'll try to update more often now, sorry this is so short.

Basically, this is a soulmate AU in which you can't see colours until you make physical contact with your soulmate.

My tiny fingers quickly search through the layers upon layers of clothes in my overcrowded wardrobe. I search for the label with midnight blue written on it, finally finding it and grabbing it from the cupboard. As I always do, I silently wonder to myself if this will be the day; the day when I will see them. Colours. Maybe today will be the day I find out who my soulmate, the only one I was made for. I know I won't find him today, or tomorrow, or ever. Not that anyone would want me for a soulmate.

"Bye Elide, see you later." Aelin, my flatmate, calls to me.

"Bye."

Twenty minutes later I slam the car door behind me and rush into the small coffee shop I work in to earn the rent for mine and Aelin's flat. I'm a few minutes late but no one will notice I'm sureVernon, my boss, isn't supposed to be in today.

"ELIDE!" Vernon shouts at me. "You're late. Who do you think you are walking in at any time of day?!"

Whoops,' I think. 'Guess I got that one wrong then.'

"Don't you ignore me young lady. I know you think you're better than me, but right now, I'm in charge."

"Sorry.." I mumble, not sure what to say.

"DON'T Answer back to me, girl. In case you hadn't noticed I am your boss so Pay. Me. Some. Respect."

I quietly tie my apron on and slip round the door to the front of the coffee shop. Luckily, as one would expect of a typical Thursday morning, it was almost empty, with only a few people sitting down in the cushioned chairs by the window.

The café gradually fills up with customers supposedly clad in all of the colours of the rainbow as the clock on the wall draws closer and closer to lunch. 'Only half an hour then you can go home for a while, Elide' I think to myself. The next twenty-five minutes pass with a the usual monotony, but just as I wipe my last table down and start to untie my apron I hear the bell jingle. I start rushing over to the till, eager to get rid of this one person as quickly as I can so I can finish my shift.

ThenI'm lying on the floor. I must have hit the edge of a chair leg and my ankle gave-way. Again. I feel a hint of a blush work its way up my face, as I twist my head around to look at the stranger, who was probably about to burst out laughing at me any second now. Wow.

The stranger, a man, was very, very handsome. And tall. And the scariest looking person I'd ever seen. I started blushing even more; great, now I look like an idiot.

"Would you like a hand?", he asks, holding out a hand for me grab onto.

"Y..yes, please." I stutter, reaching up to grab onto him. Our fingers brush and everything slips into slow motion. Then my world explodes.

Colour. Everywhere. My dress, my hair, my... everything. "Beautiful." I sigh.

"Not as beautiful as you." says the stranger, no not a stranger, my soulmate. And then he kisses me.

"Perhaps.." I murmur, hesitating, "perhaps, you'd like to get a coffee somewhere else, with me?"

"Coffee, I think, can wait a bit longer."

Word Count: 626