one

staring off into the distance that night, i never knew that the not-so-peaceful serenity of my life was about to be disturbed the very next day. the calmness of the sky drew me in as i sighed happily. just then, my phone rang, startling me out of my dreamy state.

sighing, i accepted the call from angela. "yes?"

"bella!" the call was fuzzy, and i was barely able to make out her words. "hi."

"what do you want?" i wasn't expecting much of a conversation with her.

"oh, i wanted a companion to go shopping with for a date. come with?" she asked.

i rolled my eyes. "if you want me to. is it ben?"

"of course!" she sounded offended. "where are you? do you want me to pick you up?"

i shook my head, then realised she couldn't see me. "oh, i'll drive straight to your place. see you."

i groaned, before getting up slowly and dragging myself over to my car and driving over to angela's house. when i got there, she was already waiting for me, leaning against her own car. i got out of my car.

"hi."

she smiled, gesturing for me to get into her car. "hello, bella."

i not-so-gracefully jumped in. "where're we going?"

angela sighed. "shopping, duh."

i glared at her. "alright, if you wanna do this the hard wa-"

"seattle! seattle, seattle," angela quickly answered. "we're going shopping in seattle."

i smiled smugly. "now that wasn't so hard, was it?"

the cold exterior we'd put on didn't last for long. before we knew it, we burst out into peals of laughter. wheezing, angela pushed the gear into drive and started off.

-

i stretched. it took a few hours for us to get to seattle (angela drove at around the same speeds as i did) and we hadn't made any stops. i heard my bones crack and grinned at the satisfying sound.

"come on!" angela tugged me over to the entrance of the mall.

i stumbled, surprised. and angela had to let go of me at that exact moment, so i fell over onto the ground.

"are you okay, miss?" a deep voice asked.

i looked up. it was a bronze-haired guy. "y-yeah."

"bella!" angela came running back. "i'm so sorry!"

"it's okay," i whispered to her, turning back to the guy. "thanks for checking up on me."

he smiled. "no problem."

angela helped me up and we continued into the mall more carefully this time.

-

hi! this is a short chapter for you guys because i'm still trying to figure things out, but i just wanted to say a huge thank you for those who came to support right from the prologue! it really means a lot to me! i'll try to update weekly but please be patient if i take longer during super busy times :)