It was a miracle she hadn't killed Malfoy halfway through Care of Magical Creatures.

"You need to make up with him, you're miserable," Hermione snapped one day after Amisty let out yet another sigh.

"I'm not miserable!" She protested, trying and failing to sound like she was telling the truth.

Hermione was right. Her feud with Draco was starting to take its toll on her emotions. She was antsy and upset and snappish.

"You are. Face it, Am, you fancy him. I don't know how, I don't know why, but you do," She held up a hand as Amisty opened her mouth to argue. "And even if you don't fancy him, you do like him. Whether that be a friend or something more is for you to find out."

In their Transfiguration exam, she managed to turn her teapot into something that resembled something that looked like a tortoise, though there was still a trace of the teapot pattern on the shell.

Hermione's biggest worry was the fact that her tortoise looked more like a turtle.

"Mine still had a spout for a tail, what a nightmare..."

"Were the tortoises supposed to breathe steam?"

"It still had a willow-patterned shell, d'you think that'll count against me?"

After lunch, they headed right upstairs again to Charms for their exam. They did have to do Cheering Charms, Hermione was right.

Amisty and Hermione both ended up grinning widely and giggling occasionally once they had finished. Then was dinner, and they started studying for Care of Magical Creatures, Potions, and Astronomy.

Hagrid's exam was simple, and he didn't seem entirely focused or even interested in it. He gave them a massive tub of flobberworms and told them in order to pass all they had to do was keep theirs alive by the end of the hour. The worms were best left alone if they wanted to survive.

"Beaky's gettin' a bit depressed. Bin cooped up too long. But still... we'll know day after tomorrow -- one day or the other -- " Hagrid whispered sadly as he poked Harry's flobberworm.

And then came Potions. Amisty, even with her immense amounts of effort, couldn't perfect the potion in time, and knowing Snape, that meant she hadn't scored too well.

Astronomy was easy for Amisty, though she struggled to keep from tearing through her star chart once she reached the Draco constellation.

History of Magic was boring but doable, and she scribbled down as much information as she could remember.

Herbology was a bit of a pain, with all of them getting sunburnt and aching backs by the end of the exam in the greenhouses.

Defense Against the Dark Arts was eventful. They had an obstacle course of sorts outside on the grounds, where they had to wade across a pool with a grindylow (Amisty lost some points on that, getting a little overwhelmed), cross a few potholes filled with Red Caps, make their way through a patch of marshland with a hinkypunk trying to misguide them, and then battle a boggart inside an old trunk.

She had no hesitation this time, not even faltering when she cast the spell and stepped out of the trunk with a grin. Harry got full marks, Ron only messed up at the hinkypunk, and Hermione was perfect until she ran out of the trunk screaming.

"Hermione! What's the matter?" Professor Lupin asked, startled at her terrified expression.

"P-P-Professor McGonagall. Sh-she said I'd failed everything!" She stammered, staring at the trunk in sheer horror.