Chapter 9 | instagram stalking

Start from the beginning

My daughter January's dad?

Yeah.  Him.

No no. That's Joel. Joel Pimentel. Idk what he's told you but that's Joel.

Ohhh.  Ok thanks for telling me.
Seen

That sneaky git. Why would he lie about his name? Should I even trust the man? Why would he- wait. I can search his insta now.

I find his Instagram Profile, but next to his name is a verified tick. The ones you have next to celebrities names. He's got 2M followers. He's a celebrity?

I scroll down finding pictures of him and 4 other boys on stage. In his bio is a link. I reluctantly click without even thinking and YouTube opens to a song. Mamita by CNCO. I'm guessing CNCO is the name of the Spanish band he's in.

I listen to the song, and immediately recognise his voice from the karaoke, but now it sounds more smooth and beautiful. His voice, is pretty beautiful, but I can't stop thinking about him lying about his identity. My eyes start to slowly give up on me as I'm tired from the party, but I'll look more into depth about this, 'Joel Pimentel.'

I wake up at 9:30 pm make pancakes to make me feel good, topped with smarties.

Without thinking about it, I text Tobias, I mean Joel.

Hey Joellybean. We meeting up later? It's Tuesday?

No.  I'm sorry, I can't. I've got work to do.

I knew he'd avoid me today. Just because I said Joel. I shouldn't have said it and just popped the question at the meeting.

Well he can't just avoid me. I change into a fresh set of clothes. I wear a blue dress and denim jacket on top. It's usually my signature look, but I feel good today. I draw winged eyeliner and run to my car. I'm on my way to Tobias' house, so I play Hey Dj, by the band that he's supposedly in.

I knock hard, but he doesn't answer. He probably knows it's me. I carry on knocking, till my knuckles feel bruised, I hear him run up to the door, I wait.

"Come on Toby. I just want to talk." He finally lets me in, and I hug him.

I realise what I did, then slap him on his chest.
"Who's Joel?"

"Why do you care?" He says bluntly.

"Because, you're my friend? I think I have the right to know your real name."
"Look Laila, I thought- I thought we're more than friends. I was going to tell you sooner or later, but you don't like me in that way do you?"

"No, I-," I gulped.

Shall I tell him? I look into his eyes, full of hurt. He doesn't need me.

"No. I'm just your friend, best friends actually. But that's it. We can't be more. You deserve a good girl and January deserves a good mother," it hurt me saying those words, that tears were flowing. I run back into his chest and he hugs me.
"Give me a chance, to love you, to be your boyfriend, please?" he says teary.

"Okay," I say, rubbing away his tears. He really did like me, and I'm sure I could trust him. I really did like him, I was afraid of getting hurt.

"Make a fort?" I say wiggling my eyebrows. He throws a pillow at my head, shouting out, "headshot!" I guess that means yes.

After we watch Me Before You, I help tidy up. He connects his phone to a red Beats Pill, and Plays Hey Dj, I sing along to it as I had it on repeat from the first time I heard it, plus I'm half Spanish so I new the words quite well by now.

"Guess which part is my favourite part?" I say with my eyes lighting up. He shrugs,
"When some hottie says, ' baby tu me tienes loco, loco'" I laugh but then there's a sudden knock at the door.

He looks through the peephole. And whispers,
"It's summer! We'll make it round the back and we'll jump over some fences," he whispers, sending chills down my spine.
        ____________________________

Authors note:

Guys, I stole the nickname (joellybean) from @cncomoon on Instagram. Go check her out. There's so much to be unraveled, keep reading! ♥️much love Sabrina x