Chapter Five🥀

Hermione's POV
It's been over a month since Ron left our home, and since that moment with Draco. I'm still confused about that. It was incredibly unexpected and yet I wish it happened again. On the other hand I don't know how he even knew about that place....it's a muggle spa for God sake. Why would Draco Malfoy, the pinnacle president for pure bloodlines, want to mingle with the likes of muggles, as much as he would make fun of me and tell me how dirty my blood was.
But that's neither here nor there. Right now I have to stop thinking about Draco because Ron was coming over. He said he wanted to talk so I agreed. We need to clear up somethings that aren't meant to be left unsaid.
Just then a knock was on my door. It had to be him. So I cleared my thoughts and went to the door.
"Hi" I said
"Hi, Mione" he said.
Ron came into the living room and sat on the couch. I figured he wanted to talk about the divorce and splitting all of our assets. We had done rather well for ourselves together. We had muggle and magical assets.
"I know you probably hate me right now"
"I don't hate you" I interrupted "I'm hurt but I could never hate you. You were my first everything. That means a lot to me."
Ron toke a deep breath, sighed and was trying to hold back his tears. I hate seeing him cry even though I'm mad at him, so I got up from my rocking chair, sat next to him, intertwined my hands in his and put my chin on his shoulder.
"Baby, I never meant to hurt you or..us" Ron said
"I know" I told him while tearing up myself.
"I just need you to know that I never deserved you. You were always good to me and I never could measure up to what you needed and I'm so sorry for that, I handle everything completely wrong."
That's when I had to stop him from talking. I couldn't let him take all the blame. Everyone knows I'm a bossy one.
" Ron stop, it's not all your fault. If I would have been more understanding this probably wouldn't have happened. I should have respected the fact that you didn't want children. Not try to force you into being a father." I told him " our marriage failing is both our faults, but it was good while lasted right?" I asked him
Ron looked at me and dried my tears from my eyes. " your damn right it was, the best 3 years of my life woman" he said with a small grin.
" well then that's it. we don't need to say anything else, except one day I hope we can be best friends again." I asked with hope in my eyes. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me one last time.
"Yes we will, I still need you in my life."
"Promise" I said
"I promise" Ron said
We went over the assets one more time to make sure everything was taken care of. We signed our divorce papers together. I walked him to the door and opened it. He turned around, we hugged each other. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and then looked at me.
" I still love you"
"I still love you too" I said
"You better" he told me
I watched him walk out the door and that was that. The end. It was what we both needed. I just want him happy, and I wanted to be happy so I decided to go to Fred and George's shop , WEASLEY'S WIZARD WHEEZES for some sort of pick me up. It wasn't going to make me happy but something or someone there would definitely put a smile on my face. Plus It was time a checked in on my now ex-brother-in-law. Ever since Fred's death we all took turns being is partner in crime. Charlie and Harry have been picking up my slack since Ron and myself entire episode. It's time I got back to doing my part. After all they are still my family.