Chapter 2: Incoming Red

Kaneki's POV...

My first arrival to Nagatsuki City was all decided since the moment I got a call and the post mail back in Tokyo.

It was sudden but it seems urgent that I need to be there and if that wasn't unexpected enough, as soon as I step out to meet my cousin waving to me, a peach haired girl, who immediately holds out a blood sword, winged it around and within seconds, was running towards me with a killing intent.

...

Those eyes were murderous, but I only stood still.

It'd probably be best to run without fighting but the problem is that I dont know where to run to, aside knowing that Im in a station filled with alot of people.

"Die GHOUL!!" She was in mid air as she shout out to this. Her blood sword ready to attack down above my head.

I heed no mind to attack her and without much effort, I dodge her attack, missing her target as she pierced a crack on the floor.

...

That force, it's already clear that she wants to kill me. I kept a neutral look.

This is an unusual greeting..and who knew I would face my rival here..

"Of all things.." I stood up, wiping the dust off my sleeves, "why is a Curse Blood doing here?"

I glared at the girl, who was clearly annoyed that I dodged her attack.

Then I lowly sighed.

Honestly, can't we settle this nicely and not fight with a lot of witnesses?

"I should be the one saying that!" She wailed and began to attack once more.

Or not..

Akihito's POV...

"Kuriyama!! Stop!!!"

This was definitely weird.

How Kuriyama just ended up fighting kaneki without much greeting on his arrival here to Nagatsuki City.

I shouted to her again but only to see her continuously tackling. Series of attempted slashes trying to go for the kill, like she's fighting with a Youmu.

Not letting a single intention to stop.

I grit my teeth knowing that shouting to her was useless.

It's no use...my words isn't getting through to her..!

"It a good thing we hold up a barrier before anyone would notice this fight.." Hiroomi noted, placing the seal at each corners of the area we were in.

This is actually good news to my ears cause we might endanger an innocent stranger in this gruesome fight if they hadn't put in a barrier surrounding all of us.

"Yeah.." Mitsuki nodded, "but the most unbelievable thing is, why is Kuriyama fighting that guy..?"

Hiroomi only shrug to this, while I tried to do my part. I tried all kinds of names to get her attention. Hell, even calling 'glasses' to tease her however that didn't work though that felt good..

"Maganest.." Hiroomi chimed in.

Shimi's Note: Maganest; an extreme fetish for eye glasses~

"Definitely a maganest.." Mitsuki followed.

"Would you guys at least help here, instead of criticizing me?" I looked back at them, though its obvious they won't help since they're holding on the barrier. If they let go of their hands, the barrier might vanish.