e i g h t t e e n |» His mum's claws.

Stiles' P. O. V.:

"What the heck?" Isaac was the first one to speak up after James and Emma had left the cantine.

I sat down next to Allison, my eyes still focused on the door they had walked off through.
I was beyond frustrated in that moment.
Emma and this James seemed like an old, long married couple, bickering all the time but still loving each other.
Sighing I smashed my head down onto the table.

"Everything okay?" Scott slumped down opposite of me.

Isaac, Aiden and Ethan made their way back to our table, whispering to each other quietly whilst constantly turning their head back to me.

"They seem so... close." I murmured not lifting up my gaze.

"Close? She tried to rip off his head." Scott chuckled and slightly nudged my arm.

"No. I mean, yes. But is was just... mocking. Harmless. Lovingly."

"Oh, Stiles." Allison rolled her eyes. "She is so over him."

"How can you know that for sure?" I sighed once again.

"Because she told me she is in love with you, goddamit. She even dreamt about your wedding once! Even though she thought that was kinda strange."

Scott burst out into laughter.

"Oh." I tried to keep my miserable poker face but my insides were dancing Rock'n'Roll to a very cheesy One Direction song.

She was in love with me. Emma was in love with me. A girl I genuinely liked was finally in love with me. Damn, Stiles! Seemed like you were doing something right.

"Do you think she's okay?" Allison bit her lip throwing a nervous glance towards the door.

"She can spit waterbombs." Scott leaned back on his chair and raised an eyebrow. "I think the only one we have to fear for is her ex-boyfriend."

"Hmm..." Allison looked over to Isaac still chewing on her bottom lip.

"I am not caring about 'James'." I groaned.

James. What a name. James. James. James. Nope, not getting better. Definitely not getting better.
James. What a snobistic fuckboy name.

Emma's P. O. V.:

"What do you want?" I shoved James into the library.

He grinned widely, stretching out his arms in an open gesture. "Wanted to talk to you."

"About what?!"

"'Bout us." He leaned his back against a bookshelf.

"Oh, piss off, James. There is no us!"

"Y'know it wasn't me. Why don't you be nice?"

"Fuck off. And go back to Scotland. Hide behind your daddy and let him take care of your problems." I snorted and crossed my arms over my chest.

James' face hardened and he stepped closer.

"Y'know I didn't know about Flynn. If I would have known, I'd had him killed."

He took another step further. My back was now pressed against another bookshelf.

"You chose." I whispered trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"'Cause I had no choice." His left fist rested next to my head.

His face was just inches away from mine now and I could feel his hot breath fanning over my skin so that my head started spinning.

"You chose." I repeated once again in a weak tone. "And you chose wrong. You chose them."

A hurt look took over in his eyes. "If I really had had the choice, I would have chosen you. Y'know that."

I shook my head pressing my lips together for a brief second. "No. No, you wouldn't have. So I chose. And I chose to leave you. " I looked into his eyes.

Green. Green like a scottish lake. Green like the sea on stormy days.

"Why?" James asked quietly not breaking the eye contact with me.

"Because I didn't want my family to be hurt. Again."

"It wasn't me!" His voice broke and he ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"I know." I smiled sadly. "I know. But it was because of you. Because of you, your father sent Flynn to burn our house down. Because of you. And me. Because we are natural enemies. We are unnatural together. We are never going to work out."

James turned away, breathing heavily. He took a deep breath before facing me again. "So you don't love me anymore?"

"No. No..." I smiled looking onto the floor. "I will always love you. A bit. You were my first love. But I have to move on. We don't have a future. And right now, before you came, I was good. Good with falling in love with someone else."

He groaned. "It's that skinny guy, huh? Black haired, short. I saw the way you looked at each other."

"It doesn't matter."

James looked into my eyes again and I could feel my knees getting weak.

"Won't stop fighting for you. Never." He stepped back. "Still have to meet up with your wolf. He has something I want."

I sighed heavily. "Just leave anybody else out of your business. Please."

James looked at me one last time and then he walked off. "Love you." He murmured whilst turning around the corner.

To be quite honest, my life was a mess. I had lied to my friends and my family. And I had a serious boyfriend problem.
Slowly I made my way back to the cantine.
I had to talk things through with Scott, Stiles and Allison. James had a new goal. And that goal was not me anymore but something Derek possessed. I had to know what James wanted so badly.
Most tables were already empty by the time I arrived but Allison was still sitting where I had left her. Stiles' head rested on the hard table and Scott was typing on his phone. Stiles lifted his head and jumped as soon as he saw me.

"You have to explain something. Now." Allison looked at me with an slightly angry expression on her face.

I sighed quietly and sat down next to Stiles. His eyes wandered up and down my body. I gave him a confused look. What the bloody fuck was he looking for?

"Did you make things right with James?" Scott asked looking up.

"Yes. Everything's fine. Kind of." I ran a hand through my really unruly hair. "Actually, I wasn't the main reason he came here." I shrugged. "There is always a more important thing than... Whatever. He always wants something. And that is not me anymore. Well, I guess it still is but... Jesus." I looked up to the ceiling. "James wants something Derek has."

"Derek?" Scott raised an eyebrow. "I don't think Derek has something important."

"Besides his arrogance." Stiles grinned and earned a slap on the back of his head from Allison.

I chuckled. "I don't think James does need that. He basically is 'Master Arrogance'. But seriously, Scott, do you have any idea about this thing? Did Derek mention something important? Something powerful?"

"No. Not that I know." He shook his head in confusion.

"What about these claws?" Allison said quietly after a minute of silence. "These claws you told me about. His mum's claws."

"Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~

...yeah, a new chapter...

...exams are coming up for me soon...ugh...

...well, I hope you enjoyed this part...

...and yeah, don't forget to vote or comment...

...ily guys...

Ria xx