Quinn (And Zoe)

"Are you ready for this?" I asked Zoe, and she nodded.

Nathan stood next to her as I aimed my hands towards the large Willow tree. The blue dust trailed from my fingertips to the bark of the tree, and I looked over to Nathan, who began his spell.

"Moonlight, moon bright, first moon I see tonight. Wish I may, wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." 

The blue dust swirled around the tree as he spoke the words, and finally, the portal took shape. I turned to Zoe and nodded towards her, my hands dropping.

"Zoe, I'm so sorry about all of this." I said, shielding my eyes from the portal's brightness. Zoe instead looked straight at it, before turning to me.

"It wasn't that bad." She replied. I was shocked at her response, until I saw her look over to Nathan. "I got my dad back."

Nathan smiled at both of us, before coming over to pull us in, closing us in an embrace.

"Never thought I'd get to have another chance to meet you, Zoe." Nathan said to her. "Hope your husband takes good care of you."

"He does." Zoe replied, before looking to me. "Thank you for saving my life. Again." She said. I put a hand to her forehead.

"Are you running another feaver? I thought I just heard you thank me." I laughed. Zoe smiled as she pulled my arm down.

"But really, thank you. Nathan told me everything you did for me." Zoe said. "I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for you."

"Well, I had help." I said, holding Nathan to my hip.

"It all comes full circle." Nathan joked, putting his arms up like he was volunteering himself. Zoe laughed too.

"Time for me to go home now." Zoe sighed, turning to the portal. "I'm assuming this'll take me home?" 

I nodded, and Zoe held my hand with a squeeze. 

"Goodbye." She said.

"Goodbye." I replied.

With that, Zoe stepped into the portal, and was gone. I turned to Nathan.

"Was that my shawl she was wearing?" I asked. Nathan laughed and turned to me once again.

"Come on, let's go home, Queenie." He said.

-------------------------------------------

Zoe

As soon as I stepped through, I smelled the winter-air, cold and brisk. I held the shawl over me tighter, and remembered how cold it was in the winter by my house. I was already cold, and my bare feet weren't helping.

I was in my backyard near a large tree, obviously where I had just stepped through. The snow I stood in was ankle-deep, and my feet were burning with cold receptors. I quickly sprinted through the yard and into my house.

My phone was still up in my bedroom, so I went to see if my mother had tried to get a hold of me throughout the time I had been gone. I hopped up the stairs, only to find a sweatshirt and replaced the shawl and dress with it and some sweatpants. I grabbed my phone off my bed stand, and saw only one text from Kayli.

Won't be home for Christmas day, be back the day after. She wrote. I rolled my eyes.

But then I heard something downstairs. I thought it sounded like the front door was opening. Quickly, I followed the sound.

"Hello?" I heard someone call. I walked carefully over to the stairs, then climbed down them. When I looked around the corner to the front door, I sat down and put my face in my hands. "Honey, please don't cry."

Tommy came over to me and set down his bags. I felt his hand on my arm, and instantly I crumpled into his embrace. I hadn't seen him for so long, and his touch warmed my freezing body.

"You're home!" I muttered into his uniform. 

"I'm home, Zoe." He repeated, laughing. "Are you happy?"

"Mm-hmm." I giggled through my tears.

"Merry Christmas, honey." He said. "I love you."

"I love you too, Tommy." I replied.