Quinn

I had left by the time Nathan had woken up. I didn't want to talk to him at that point, let alone see him. I knew I would hurt again when I thought of what I was about to do.

I was already dressed and made-up as I walked down the hallway towards Zoe's room. I didn't exactly know how I was going to get her to Holler Mountain with my wings. I could only fly for so long before they grew tired and needed to rest, let alone carrying another person with me. But, I figured with the pendant in my chest, I could make it, thinking it could heal me as I flew, keeping me up in the air.

Plus, I had until tomorrow's sunset to get her there, so there had to be some sort of way Robin knew I could fly there with Zoe.

I shook away the thoughts as I entered Zoe's room with another roll and apple in my hands. I felt my eyes glow with my power as I undid Nathan's protection spell against the door and let myself through, shutting it behind me. When I got inside, I found Zoe sitting at the table in the corner, a book shoved in front of her face. I saw crumbs beneath her, and noticed the food I had gotten for her the day before was gone.

When the door closed behind me, Zoe looked up from the book and quickly slammed it shut, stuffing it underneath another one.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked, coming over and setting the new food down on the table.

"Nothing." Zoe said through a mouthful of the last roll. She swallowed and eyed me carefully.

"What?" I looked at her, completely oblivious to what she was staring at me for.

"Nothing." She repeated, reaching over and grabbing the new bread. "I'm hungry."

With a savage bite, she ripped the bread with her teeth and began chewing again, still looking at me. I sat down across from her and placed my hands on the table, patiently waiting for her to begin talking, not wanting to start the conversation.

After a while, Zoe stopped chewing and focused on me carefully, like she expected me to try something. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

I hesitated, looking for the right answer, but I had none. "I don't know, just thought I'd see you."

"Yeah right." She said, now glaring. "Why are you here, Quinn. Why am here?"

"You're here because you have my magic inside of you." I replied calmly.

"Well no dur. Why did you put it in me in the first place, Quinn? Is it such a hard answer?" Zoe asked, leaning forward over the books. "And what was happening last night?"

"Last night, what do you mean last night?" 

"Don't you dare deny it!" Zoe said, slamming her hand down on the table. "I heard every piece of it! Where were you going? I saw you leave the castle from your balcony, Quinn. How were you flying so high above the ground, and where were you going?"

"I didn't go anywhere last night." I said.

"B.S! I saw you leave the castle, Quinn!" Zoe screamed.

"The only person who left my room was-"

I felt a stabbing sensation in the middle of my chest, and I tried to mask it, but I couldn't help but lean forward for any sort of relief. I saw Zoe's eyes move downward of my face, and I held my hand to my chest to hide the red glow of the necklace. Robin could hear what I was saying, I knew, but it didn't lessen the wanting of saying it out loud. 

"Who left your room then?" Zoe asked, a little calmer but still defensively.

Just before I began to speak, I heard a rustle outside, then my name being called. I looked over to the doors, hearing the voices grow louder. I turned to Zoe.