Hoseok and I stand in the driveway next to each other, waving as our parents leave in their car for the airport.

We linger there for a moment after they're gone, standing in silence.

"So what's university like?" Hoseok asks eventually, breaking the silence between us.

"It's way better than high school, and I have so much more freedom now too." I say.

"Have you made any new friends?" He asks.

"One or two. C'mon," I turn and gesture to the house. "Let's go back inside now."

He follows me in and heads straight to his room without a word. I shrug and head to the kitchen.

"I'll make us breakfast before you go to school." I call out to him.

I head into the kitchen and search through all the cupboards for the things I need to start cooking.

After a while I chuckle as the smell of freshly cooked food brings Hoseok back out of his room.

He sits on a stool at the kitchen bench in his school uniform, looking at the food eagerly.

I pass him his plate and sit down next to him to eat too.

"Do you have any classes today?" Hoseok asks me.

"Just one in the afternoon." I reply.

"Hurry up and finish your food or you'll be late." I tell him, looking up at the clock in the kitchen.

He nods quickly and wolfs down what he can before jumping up and grabbing his bag from his room.

"I'll see you later hyung!" He calls out as he leaves the door.

I sigh and clean up the dishes and kitchen. It's quiet and I'm already bored. I decide to get some sleep before I go to class.

I walk down the hallway to my room, which is opposite Hoseok's. His door is closed.

I flop down onto my bed and lay on my back so I'm looking up at the ceiling. I would always trace the cracks with my eyes until it tired me and I fell asleep.

It doesn't take me long to drift off and I wake up with not much time to get ready. I hurry to my car and head to the university.

I meet Taehyung in the car park and we walk to class together.

"Sorry for making you have to move back home again." He says genuinely.

"It's okay, home's not really too far away anyway. It's just an extra 15 minutes." I shrug it off.

"Still..." he sighs.

"But I guess now you're back with your brother. He seems to really rely on you." He looks at me.

"Yeah, I suppose so." I say.

"Now that I think about it, how old is he now?" Taehyung asks.

"He turned 18 not long ago." I answer.

"Oh, so he's only one year younger than you. I thought he was younger." He tilts his head for a moment.

"He is kinda immature so I'm not surprised. But our close age is probably why we get along so well." I say.

We reach class and stop talking as we sit down in our usual spot. Taehyung leans back in his seat and I lean over the table, resting my head on my hands.

I try to focus on what the professor is talking about but I find myself distracted, staring out the window at the rain that has started pouring down heavily.

- Jisu