Hanzo Hates Everything (But Especially His Dragons)

After the paperwork was signed and the doctors had released Hanzo from the hospital, McCree walked him back to his room. The archer would have been annoyed at him if not for the way McCree looked like he was two seconds away from jumping out of the window. Hanzo didn't think he'd ever seen McCree look this... guilty? What had he even done to cause that expression to be so strong? Hanzo was distracted from his thoughts as they arrived at his room, McCree standing awkwardly to the side with his hands shoved in his pockets. "Listen, dar-Hanzo, I know the doc says I gotta keep an eye on ya and all, but if you don't wanna see me right now... I understand. Just say the word and I'll go." Hanzo blinked in confusion. "And why on earth would I not wish to see you right now?" McCree looked even guiltier now and Hanzo swore he heard him whimper. "Cause, y'know... back there in the fight." For every bit that Jesse looked guilty, Hanzo felt that much more confused. "I... I am afraid I do not know what you are referring to, McCree." Hanzo could actually see the fuzzy tips of McCree's ears as they dropped down below his hat. "I just... I shoulda had that omnic. I should have, and I didn't, and it's all my fault you got hurt, and-" Hanzo stopped him by putting his hand over McCree's mouth. "Jesse, if I do recall, the omnic shot me because I was quick to assume I had shot them all. And beyond that, immediately after I was shot, you proceeded to defend me with your life. You owe me no apology. On the contrary, I am extremely grateful." Hanzo smiled softly. McCree looked shocked, his jaw dropping a bit before he snapped it back shut. "However, I will take you up on the offer of being left alone. Not for long, I just need to shower quickly. May I have a half hour?" McCree looked like he'd have given Hanzo 10 hours if he'd asked for it and nodded happily. "Darlin', you take all the time you need! I'll go ask Winston if he needs any help real quick. Be back in a few, Han!" And with that, McCree walked down the corridor, whistling happily. Hanzo chuckled. "If that man's mood switches any faster, we will have two of him walking about." He thought as he shut his door behind him. "Two Jesses... ha! The world can barely handle the one as it is!" He stepped into the en-suite bathroom. "Foolish cowboy, thinking I would blame him for my own haste. Even if I did, that face would have melted my anger away in an instant." Hanzo looked into the mirror, surprised that he hadn't stopped smiling. "Ach, That man. He's going to give me wrinkles." He shuddered. "Or worse, laugh lines."

Hanzo turned the water to the right temperature and undressed. As he stepped under the water he sighed softly.

I suppose that's one of the reasons I love him, though.

Hanzo nearly fell out of the shower. Where had that come from? He shook his head, focusing instead on washing his long, dark hair. It was greasy and tangled since he hadn't washed it since the mission. As he rubbed shampoo into it, he felt his dragons stir. Puzzled, he reaches out to them. "My dragons, what has moved you? We are not in danger, not that I am aware of. Is there trouble nearby? The dragons made a soft chuffing sound that Hanzo recognized as laughter. Which was bizarre, considering that they almost never laughed, outside of battle. Do not fret, little one, they spoke in unison, no danger is present. We are simply amused by the situation that we find you in. Hanzo felt offended, and a bit apprehensive. "My situation? I don't follow." The dragons chuffed some more, not helping Hanzo's anxiety about all this, and cooed. We are referring to the cowboy, oh lovestruck one. Hanzo dropped the bottle of conditioner onto his foot, yelping as he did so. "WHAT?!" He says out loud, knowing the flush on his face was not from the water's temperature. The dragons actually laughed this time, throaty roars That reverberated in Hanzo's brain. Do not deny it, Shimada-kun. We know of your feeling towards him, even if you do not know yourself. But, more than that, we are quite... intrigued by his animalistic features. Hanzo shut off the water, his shower now deemed unimportant. "You are intrigued by his ears?" The dragon's laughter was actually starting to annoy Hanzo now. In a way, yes. But it goes much deeper than that, deeper than the inu himself realizes. But we can sense it. This was done by the spirits. Hanzo inhaled sharply at this. "The spirits? But why would they do something like this?" His dragons hummed thoughtfully. Of that, we are unsure. However, there is no denying this is the work of very ancient beings. We suspect it was done to strengthen him at a very young age, if not for the purpose of a deal. Hanzo nodded, people did often make deals with spirits, even if they weren't entirely sure what they were doing. Hanzo himself had tattoos on his arms that let him channel dragons that teased him about his feelings. That decision wasn't even his, but his father's, as his end of a deal made with the spirits.